John Stuart Mill (Essay on Liberty)


‘The liberty of the individual must be thus far limited; he must not make himself a nuisance to other people.’

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Great Day!

No your eyes do not deceive you...that is me holding my baby!! 7 weeks and 2 days after we were separated, we finally got to cuddle again. She's getting so big! It was so nice just to feel her breathe and twitch.

I have so many more pics but since it is called skin-to-skin for a reason, they cannot be posted. If you would like me to email you a couple, you can at least see how big she really is (don't worry, I have a bra on), send me a request via email and I will attach them.





For those who notice, she is only on the canula (smaller breathing tube) so I could hold her...she won't stay on it as she is not ready to step down yet. Pray for her nose though as her nasal septum is deteriorating on the other vent and she needs to get off it. Otherwise, all seems well.

Kylie, on the other hand, who has not eaten (solids) in 36 hours, has now graduated to vomit and diarrhea and apparently ALL these symptoms can be attributed to teething?!? Really? I have my doubts and the lack of sleep is pretty ridiculous. Even her crying right now can't dampen my spirits though...better go get her. Have a great day!

10 comments:

Jamie and Krista said...

Oh my gosh Bec! These pictures are the BEST! I am SOOOOOO excited for you. Your "waiting" has paid off! =) Email me some more pics...I want to see how big she is.

Congrats! We praise God for answering this prayer!

Robin said...

This is the most beautiful sight I have seen in a long time. God is faithful and is answering all our prayers.

Love, Your Bible study sister

Leppard said...

YEAH!!! That is what we want to see. I love the pics you sent. Your eyes are shining. You must hold onto that feeling when things get you down again. You are so strong. We pray for you a lot and tonight it is nice to go to bed THANKING God for this great news. We love you guys and are celebrating with you.

Anonymous said...

HOORAY! That looks SOOOOO good and so right! Love it!

Andrea said...

Beautiful! I did Kangaroo Care with Hannah and she got out of the hospital 2 weeks earlier than the Dr's anticipated. It is soooo relaxing and comforting. Enjoy!

John said...

Praise the Lord!! What a great update. We will continue to pray for your entire family.

Jemma said...

Beautiful!! What an answer to so many prayers. Enjoy and keep your eyes fixed on the great Doctor.

Anonymous said...

PTL. I am so happy for your family. You are all in my heart and prayers.

Love Milli.

Mark and Gina said...

Praise God! What an answer to prayer to see her off of the ventilator, out of the incubator and in your arms! We're praying that she continues to get stronger and grow!

doug&margarethe said...

Yes, what an answer to prayer! The Lord is good. The look in your eyes and on your face is priceless, Becky. As you have gone the ups and downs we go thru them with you so this is such an encouragement. EG has really grown! thanks for the photos.
Will continue praying...