Before you read the next sentence, let me clearly state that Emily is doing well. It was kind of a disappointing day today as I had been told I would get to hold Emily when I got there...I was soooo excited. I tried with all my might not to get too happy - just in case, but I couldn't help it. Sure enough, when I got in there, there was a big machine in her incubator and I almost started to cry on the spot. They were giving her a blood transfusion and it was going to take 8 hours...not today.
Let's not dwell on that disappointment. Emily has doubled her weight...she is 2 pounds, 12 ounces. She looks a LOT bigger to me. And, I have been able to hear her cry. It is such a soft sound that I had to ask the nurse if that is what she was doing. She is hoarse from the tube down her throat for 6 weeks. As we always compare her to animals, we have officially graduated from looking like a baby chimp to looking like a chipmunk...the tube squashes her cheeks out like when chipmunks have food in their cheeks. Hope you all like that visual image.
No comments:
Post a Comment