Well, Emily has been breathing using only a nasal breathing apparatus for three hours now. The nurse called just before noon to let me know they were going to extubate (remove her breathing tube)Emily on a trial run to see if they could get her going and said that if I got in there right away, I could see her face without anything on it (tape included). Thanks to M's willingness to go without sleep, I was able to go in, but sadly another baby had more pressing issues and they delayed her procedure so I was not actually able to see it...the joys of being unable to plan anything. Anyway, the nurse promised a cell phone picture for me, so I hope it is good and I will show you all as soon as I have it.
The nasal tubing is a big step if she can manage to breathe well enough to maintain her blood gas levels. And, if she can stabilize, it will only be a matter of time before we get to hold her. I am learning not to get too high, so we will just continue to wait and see but I wanted to share this awesome news with all of you. Keep praying, we are seeing some positive results.
3 comments:
Thanks for sharing the good news. We all look forward to seeing her face! We continue to pray that this will be one of the big steps forward in her development.
What wonderful news! We are praying that you will be holding your beautiful baby girl in your arms soon.
What a wonderful God we have!--giving us all this miracle of answered prayer. We continue to pray you can soon hold and cuddle her.
Post a Comment