Merry Christmas one and all! On this day, Emily is exactly 32 weeks gestational age and has been outside my womb for 7 weeks. In celebration of this day, this morning I took her little ornament in and hung it in her incubator.
She is doing good, which is NICU code for no changes, so I call it okay...not great but not bad. Her right lung is still having troubles but she is getting enough oxygen so they are optimistic that her left lung is doing better than before. She still has residual (food coming back up) and it is slightly green so they will decide what to do today about feedings. She is also still on the new vent and doing well. I guess we are just waiting...imagine that.
Kylie had a great Christmas...she is finally back to her normal self after being constipated, getting a tear on her rectum, two days of a high fever and one trip to the ER because we thought she had a UTI (crying every time she peed) and they had to admit her if she did. On the way in, we were praying and just told God we were done. We are "glad" He thinks we are strong enough to handle all this but we're tired and 'done, done, done,' as Kylie tries to say. When there is so much drama in your life that taking your kid to the ER in the middle of the night generates no adrenalin, there is a problem. I feel like our whole house is under attack, especially in regards to health. We appreciate all your prayers and ask you not to grow weary in praying for ALL of us. Thank you. Anyway, now Kylie is pushing three teeth through and taking about 2-3 steps at a time. It is such a FUN time in her life, we are LOVING it!!
God gives us soooo many gifts in our lives and it is good to remember his GREATEST gift that was given to us - Jesus - and through him the promise to forgive all the crap we think and do and let us live in heaven for all eternity instead of what we deserve. Praise the Lord! I know I am grateful and really don't understand how people make it through this cruel world without that hope. God bless you all!!
3 comments:
written in true Becky style...I'm grateful that He forgives all my crap, too! Love you guys and we be praying.
April
"He knows my name; He knows my every thought; He sees each tear that falls and hears me when I call". A blessed Christmas celebrating our Savior Who knows your name and everything you are going through. He is caring for Emily! Merry Christmas to all. To Jim & Marilyn- we love you both!
Will keep praying for your whole family. Hang in there.
Thank you for sharing your heart.
We love you.
Post a Comment