John Stuart Mill (Essay on Liberty)


‘The liberty of the individual must be thus far limited; he must not make himself a nuisance to other people.’

Thursday, December 31, 2009

It's raining, it's pouring...

Let me share my 'wonderful' news with you. Emily has a broken upper right arm. They don't know what caused it but "in babies this sick (why do they always have to say that?) it is not unusual because they are so fragile and even a twist of their arm to get an IV in can do it". The bones are still lined up so they don't have to immobilize her yet but they will watch it carefully to make sure it stays that way. I have no idea when I will get to hold her again. They went back and looked at old x-rays and it happened before I started holding her, so I did not do it. Thank the Lord!

Last night we went out for supper and I have been sick ever since. I can barely get anything down and I feel really off. Either I got food poisoning or it is another round of the flu. So, not only will I not hold Emily, I won't be visiting either.

In better news: Emily is actually doing pretty well...they are increasing her feedings and leaving all her other stuff alone. They are just hoping she can start putting on weight and growing a little. Kylie is doing really well and seems to be her normal self except she is still not interested in food...oh wait, that is her normal self too. :) It IS my birthday. Happy Birthday to me and Casey and Heidi and Rick. AND, Emily is 2 months old today. I will get her monthly picture next time I can go in.
I think today we need a pic to make us feel better. God Bless you all!

1 comment:

Jim and Marilyn said...

Oh my goodness! What next?!? But, Happy Birthday Bec! We love you and hope that all this "teething" passes very quickly and that all the rainshowers start to grow lovely flowers! We are excited that EG continues to do well in spite of new hurdles.