Emily is doing great with her feedings...she nippled all but one in the last 24hrs. Breathing wise, though, they have had to move her pressure back up (to 0.75L/hr) but it has helped her a LOT as they have been able to put her back on room air (21% oxygen). She just needs the reminder to breathe I guess. They have doubled her HMF (the calories added to her milk) to try to get her gaining weight, but so far she is still just five pounds seven ounces. They are also going to run a set of blood tests tomorrow morning just because she had a little loose stool and is a little symptomatic and a little too pale...just a little of too much, so they want to take a look.
It is hard for me to accept that it's okay for her breathing to go backwards while she learns to nipple, but these guys have been doing this for a long time and at some point, when they say something is normal, I just have to accept it, even if it seems to me like things are getting worse.
I also feel the need to warn you that all the nurses tell me that this phase often takes a very long time to get past...SO, I am praying that God will just work another miracle in her life and get her over this hump quickly so we can just bring her home and take care of her ourselves. We are not delusional, we know it will be quite hard caring for a toddler and a special needs baby, but at least M and I could do it TOGETHER, instead of all this divide in order to conquer that we have been doing for so long.
P.S. Her nippling skills are already a miracle in process...and so is my milk supply...it is actually increasing (at a point where they tell me it is likely to dry up)...God is good. :)
2 comments:
It's great to keep reading your updates. Still praying for your little family!
I reminded my Bible study group in SS this am to pray for the specifics about EG. She is doing well. One of our leaders worked in NICU for years and reminded me that the eating is the about the last big hump to hurdle for premies but she told me to tell you to take time for yourself knowing she is being cared for now even if you aren't there--get the added sleep you are in need of to help you. Makes me wish I lived closer to take k for you so you could do just that. Sleep some extra! Praying for you.
Jesus knows how much you can take.
Hugs to you.
Post a Comment