John Stuart Mill (Essay on Liberty)


‘The liberty of the individual must be thus far limited; he must not make himself a nuisance to other people.’

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Home Early

One of M's co-workers and friends was killed Thursday while on the job, so M took the weekend off and we came home early just to be a family for a few days. Please pray for M as he is reminded again of the risks involved with his job. The down side? I will then be on my own again for at minimum seven days straight. Oh well.




So all that meant Friday turned out to be quite a little crazy day! My mom and I took the girls and went to the SF Zoo in the morning. I have to say that it is an awesome place! First we took K to watch them feed the penguins and then we went to watch them feed the grizzly bears...they put fish in the pond and you watch. I don't have pics cause we were taking videos and they are with my mom in SF.

Anyway, at one point, K is standing next to the glass and my mom is standing behind her and the grizzly caught a fish right in front of them! All I saw was my mom scream and jump back and K leaning into the glass as close as she could. My mom said all she saw was a huge claw and a bunch of teeth. For the next five minutes, K just kept pointing at the glass and saying, "Roar! Roar!".



She also really liked the lemurs but we only have video of her saying "Hi" to them. :) Yep, that's how Em and I spent the day...you wouldn't believe how many people ask me if the glasses are for vanity or for real. :)



When we got home about four in the afternoon, M called to let me know about his friend and to ask me to come home. So I pack the girls up and managed to get out of there about 8pm. Can you believe that the girls slept the entire way home? 500 miles later, I pulled in and Em woke up screaming cause she was so hungry...perfect timing. Thanks for those praying for our safety!

1 comment:

doug&margarethe said...

Glad you and the girls made it home safely.