Well, I was so optimistic the other day that I started thinking about the day Em would come home...and this is why we learn not to let our hopes get up too high...Em has been having a rough few days. She has been throwing up and desatting (not breathing) a lot since she got back. Last night they were talking about putting her back on the CPAP (ventilator that helps her breathe) and upping her oxygen. I've been trying to get my head around this and then, on top of it all, her doctor was switched today. I LOVED the old one and this new one got frustrated at me that I was frustrated. I felt like yelling into the phone: This is my kid, she was doing well and now she's not. I want some answers, get over it! Yeah, but I didn't. Oh, and then the nurse wasn't going to talk to me because they changed her ID number and didn't tell me so when I called in, I didn't have the right information. I had to put my mean face on (which wasn't too hard at this point) just to get through.
Anyway, they took a chest x-ray this morning and it looks fine and they took her blood and her hemoglobin and gases are fine as well so they didn't change her vent. I told them they had been taking 45min to feed her at the other hospital (different delivery system) and they started doing that today and she is throwing up less. They also have her on pepcid for reflux. And as it turns out, she is still gaining weight, so this should not have been as big of an issue as it became in the first place. It isn't a good sign, don't get me wrong but as long as she continues to gain weight, we don't have to panic. The desatting, now that is a problem, but it might be related to the reflux.
In other news, the three of us are settling back in at home but all still sick. We have been trying to get out every day for a long walk to clear out the lungs and have both been on bouts of antibiotics but we just can't seem to kick this. K has one sexy raspy voice though. :)
Also, we aren't ignoring you...if you tried to call or text while we were in pasadena, we had zero coverage where we were staying and our phones weren't even registering missed calls. Sorry. You may try now as we are home again. I am going to read other people's blogs so I can fill my mind with happy thoughts of other people's lives. And then I am going to read a book to my kid. Have a great day!
4 comments:
Too bad that you couldn't combine the best of both places and have your ideal! We are praying for a healthy recovery for all of you.
B&M ~ Wow...What a roller coaster ride! We're riding it with you in our prayers. Don't forget...God's never surprised by any of the ups and downs, and is always ready to be your stability, so keep on holding tightly to Him.
As Les and I read your comments, clear memories came flooding back from Ryan's hospitalization. Different circumstances... but you are your child's advocate when they are unable,regardless of their age. You are doing an excellent job and these are tough times for you, living moment by moment and decision by decision. We are praying that God's peace will surround you. At times I struggled with the trial that had come upon all of us and asked the WHY question ..."I wonder why our family has to endure all of these things?" More times than I care to admit, I had to reject this kind of thinking and many times I said to the Lord..."Lord, You know all things and I release our sorrow to You and ask for Your healing balm for our troubled souls". Just know that God's Word will endure forever and that underneath you are THE EVERLASTING ARMS. In times of deep sorrow, God's Word will bring you comfort like nothing else can. I also found that praying the Word of God back to Him in prayer brought peace and comfort.
Guys-
We haven't had access for a few weeks (finally got settled and internet up at our new place today!) and I have been so eager to get on and see how you and your girls are doing. Praise the Lord for such grace for you all recently! So glad to hear abut Emily's eye surgery success and to see your pretty big girl too.
WE love you so much,
the Ks
Post a Comment