So everyone keeps asking me how I can say, "Emily walks but she won't walk" and take myself seriously. So tonight right before she went to bed, I got out the video camera to show you what she does when we practice walking.
If you watch the video, you will see how good she is. BUT she has never ventured out to walk on her own and she won't even try one step if someone isn't standing there...that is, until I went to turn the camera off and then you will see her take a couple of steps and fall...this may be the first time she ventured out on her own and I caught it on camera!! Well, the end of it. :)
I have been told many times that walking is a very high order skill and not to expect her to walk until she was 18mo adjusted...at the earliest and probably not until she was two. She is on the verge of exceeding expectations one more time! I am SO proud of her! Now stop telling me I am contradicting myself. :) It's not walking in my book until she does it without someone there. For those who count this stuff, she has been doing it for, well, what seems like forever. She was doing two or three steps over a month ago...this long stuff started a week or two ago. Have a great day and as always, God Bless!!
3 comments:
That is fabulous!! What a little stinker that she will only do it when you are there...she's definitely got it down! So fun to see you and hear your voice on the video too, B! Hugs to all of you!
Jen (Halstenson) Starcevic
That Rocks! I knew she wasn't far away! What is her adjusted now? 17?
Love,
Dad
Such a cute video! I miss you guys!
Post a Comment