John Stuart Mill (Essay on Liberty)


‘The liberty of the individual must be thus far limited; he must not make himself a nuisance to other people.’

Monday, February 14, 2011

Another Day

So our day started just like everyone else, right? Well, let me catch you up before you answer that.

Em hasn't been feeling well for a while but none of it has been serious...throwing up once or twice a day and some nasal congestion. Wed we went to the dr because I thought she had an ear infection. It turned out her ears were red and swollen but no puss and we checked for a UTI and there was blood in her urine but no white blood cells to indicate infection. So we continued with life, just watching to see if anything got worse.

Well, of course it got worse...over the weekend...no M and no drs. Her congestion finally caused a cough and she was throwing up more often and didn't want to eat. Last night she started to get a fever, so this morning, I called in and got her an appt for the afternoon.

Now let's get back to the day...Em was very tired and crabby and quite sick, but when K got up, I sat them both down to eat breakfast. Em threw up, so I cleaned that up and started to help K eat so it would go faster and we could get them in for their bath.  Then K gagged on her oatmeal and threw up all over me and the kitchen floor.  Yep, it was perfect and the best part was that K was crying, not because she threw up but because she got throw up on her monkey pajamas.

Thankfully last night was a half day for M so he had gotten home at 1am and I decided he had had plenty of sleep for the day. He took the girls to the tub and I cleaned the kitchen and started the laundry.  This got us into cleaning mode and we started on our chores.

Dad and K went outside to clean the cars. K is such a good little helper.



And I stayed inside and cleaned the master suite. K helped me do that too. What? You didn't think she actually had the attention span to hang with Dad through two whole cars did you? :) Ok, truth...she came in and helped for about ten min and decided Dad was more fun and went back out.


Em spent most of the morning sleeping in her sick stupor. As per normal when she is sick, she is not eating and getting dehydrated so we decided it was time to try to feed her through her feeding tube again. That backfired as she threw that food up too. So the rest of the day looked a little like this.


Em's dr took an x-ray and found the top of her lungs inflamed but not pneumonia yet. They gave her the 'top shelf' shot that will take care of everything except she will have to kick the cold and stomach flu on her own. As April put it, "When the girl gets sick, she really gets sick!"

M went out with his brother tonight and I, well, I am updating the blog.  :)

So, on another note, I finally pulled the pics off my point and shoot camera and they go all the way back to our vacation in Tahoe. Here are a few of them.

My Dad and I went for a pretty intense mountain bike ride.




This has been our life lately...this is one of those giant flags...like outside Perkins and for most days lately, it has been sticking straight out.  Due to allergies, we can't go outside very much when it is like this...may as well be winter.


She and her friend Z.  They are only two months apart and they get along really well.  So cute!  I can't wait for the day K and Em are running around giggling like these two do!


This is the field about half a mile from our house.  It may be windy and a total desert most of the year, but this time of the year, it is beautiful!


I know it's hard to see, but Em got a hold of a blue crayon...notice the blue lining the lips.  According to her teacher, I am supposed to be helping her learn to color.  If they meant her face, we are finally succeeding!


K wouldn't touch the apple, so she stabbed it with her fork.  :)  She cracks me up with the stuff she does.  And no, she still didn't like it.


These two again.


Hanging with new friends...


With the wind, we do a lot of 'shopping', which means going to the store and playing with their toys and heading home.  The girls in their new hats.


K in Dad's shoes.


The older kids always like to help Em learn to walk.


K doing her yoga...obviously sometime around Christmas.  :)



Have a great day!  God Bless and your prayers are coveted!!  We need to be healthy!

No comments: