I have a confession to make...after four birthdays, thanksgiving, christmas, new years, and a vacation all in three months, I am sick and tired of taking pics. I know, I know, it will come back before she turns one...or as soon as they do something so adorable I can't resist. :)
So, in my rebellion, I decided I was not going to try to set up the background, get the lighting right so that it won't reflect off Em's glasses, and make sure I am on the right side so you can't tell her eye is crossing. I put the girls outside and hoped for the best. So, good lighting, bad lighting reflections in glasses, today you just get her 'in the raw'...
This is Emily. She is 11 months adjusted. She is doing AMAZINGLY well! She is eating well and breathing well. She is taking three steps on her own, but until we get her stretched out, she won't likely do more than that. She is feisty, feisty, feisty and has a temper that you would never believe...that's part of why she is still here today. She is adventurous and will touch and taste anything. She goes after what she wants and won't back down...she even 'gets burned' by some things and still doesn't learn. She is about to take a leap in development so I can't wait for the next few weeks.
She grows her teeth one at a time. Right now we have three. Her hair is long enough to get messed up and look crazy but not long enough to do anything with. Still more than her sister at this age though!
There's the third tooth.
What you don't know is that Em was not in the mood to smile, so I enlisted the available help. K is sitting next to her on the swing and tickling her to get her to laugh. I have some really funny pics of a girl curled up in laughter.
This tongue is always out.
See that look? I told her to come to me and this is what I get. "Hmm, I'm not sure. I wonder if I should listen to her or pretend I don't understand. What does she have that I want? Is she just trying to take a picture? That's so not worth it."
Who IS that pretty girl?
This is just a bonus picture to show you her hair and teeth...and because it makes me smile and laugh...it's so Emily! :)
Thanks for your prayers for her!! She is not done and we are likely looking at at least one more eye surgery but she is doing SO much better than most of the babies born like her!
We are just getting over a mild cold, but dad came home with the flu last night and has a temp of 103 so please keep us in your prayers, especially all the girls that we won't get what dad has!!
3 comments:
She is absolutely gorgeous! These photos made my day... as always we keep you in our prayers and thoughts. Give that gorgeous daughter of yours a huge hug from all of us!
God Bless!
Milli
I love love love that last picture. it is classic. I like all these pictures. I am so into outside lighting. Good job Becky. The boys loved these pictures and Nati said, "Baby Em get sho big." We love her and can't wait to meet her in person and to let Kylie become a real tom boy with her wild African cousins.
You really captured the Em we witnessed last weekend! What fun it was to see,hold, and play with her & her sister. So enjoyed the visit with her parents too! When people talk about if there are miracles in todays world I say, YES, as we have witnessed it in Em's life time and again. Praise God! Love these pics of her-the quick smile, sitting on her knees with feet spread behind and to the side, the fiesty attitude that has brought her this far in life, her petite build, and all you captured in these pics. Many hugs and love from this G-Auntie!
Praying for good health, peace, joy, wisdom, and (endurance for Mom & Dad)! love to you and thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment