K had her second birthday...recall that she is obsessed with the letter 'W' and loves butterflies. So we found some butterfly decorations and I made a castle cake with a big 'W' on top.
The bday girl in front of her cake.
Singing to her.
Our big girl! Funny thing is that everyone always seems to complain about how fast they get to two and how fast they grow up. Well, when you live every moment of a year (for Emily reasons), the bonus is that you live every moment of that year for your toddler too. Her constipation didn't go by too fast for me, her teething didn't go by too fast for me, her learning to run and jump and play hasn't gone by too fast and her learning to talk hasn't gone by too fast.
It has been a very long year but I feel like I have really LIVED. I have cherished every moment I have had with her and not taken one for granted. She is my heartbeat and I LOVE it that she is growing up! I love being able to talk to her and interact with her and teach her things. She is so smart and, wow, I could go on forever...I just can't find the words and love just isn't strong enough. I won't look back and wonder where it went, I will look back and thank God that He slowed my life down (to a screeching halt) and taught me to cherish every second at such a wonderful time in K's life.
Okay, no more talking and no more trying to put these in order...I will just dictate. We did a family bday and since Doug and Margarethe were out for the weekend, it made for a good little party. (They are M's aunt and uncle whom he actually lived with for several years while he was in high school).
We did some playing outside since it was 70 degrees and no wind...sorry all those in the midwest and on the east coast.
A brush came with her purse, so she had to try brushing everyone's hair...Poppy was the most willing candidate.
Did you ever really think you would see this guy putting a tiara on a little girl's head? As a mother, this is one of my favorite pics, even though it will never win any awards, it is precious to my heart. He is a GREAT father and she ADORES him!
Doug and B hanging out.
I rarely get pics of Em's eyes and her beautiful long eyelashes but Nana got this one so I had to share.
This is not at her party but recall how I keep telling you K is so small? These are Em's 3-6mo pants that Dad accidentally put on her the other day...yes, she is still in diapers. That, by the way, is her worst cheese face.
Why do all little kids have to go for her glasses?
The two oldest cousins (on this side) going for a ride.
I was trying to take some pics and everyone was ignoring me when I realized this clown was looking right at me and smiling. I asked him for a pic and this was what I got!!
K still thinks any time is a good time to read!
Ha! We were praying before we ate supper...
K can't eat lasagna so she was having bread in spaghetti sauce and her cousin decided he would eat with her...not that either of them ate much after filling up on cake. :)
Apparently you have to have one gift opening pic. :)
In her full princess glory.
This was the morning of the party...K loves to imitate so she was pushing Em in the car. This is a very heavy car as it has an engine but no battery. I am always impressed that K can even push it. Em looks like she's on the Titanic and they both love it, so I took a pic.
Auntie K reading books. How come my youngest will read when other people are around?
Happy Birthday baby girl!!
I took the girls in to Fullerton the next day to keep visiting and see Chuck and Penny as well. We took a walk to the park and K decided she wanted to push the swing, not ride in it.
And apparently Em decided to push the stroller instead of ride in it. :)
After a bottle...look how BIG she is getting!! Remember when she was the size of my hand??
The ladies.
Oh, on Em. We saw GI today and they are pleased with what is happening. Yes, you read that right. A dr is HAPPY with her progress!! He is not worried about the missing protein as long as we add meat to her soup. She is 16 pounds and gaining about 11 grams a day since she started eating. He has also decided that since she showed she just needed the feeding tube while she was sick and will go back to eating afterward, we don't need worry about waiting too long to put it back in if this runny nose turns into a cold. He doesn't want to see us for TWO MONTHS!
The eye dr says her vision is getting better in her weak eye. It is still turning in so we are going to start patching for four hours a day instead of two. He doesn't want to see her for THREE months!! But we he will decide then if she needs to have surgery to fix her eye. Please pray it will strengthen on its own!
I sent M in for Em's OT appt and I know this is going to kill all our dr family and friends but we have decided that we can do as much as they are on our own with the advice of our GI and primary dr, so we are stopping OT.
Thank you for your prayers! We will keep up now, especially since Em is 11 months old and we need some new pics! God Bless!
1 comment:
Great pics. I loved the pic of princess Kylie--all decked out with her dress, tiara, etc. It was a fun day with all of you.
Love Poppy
Post a Comment