John Stuart Mill (Essay on Liberty)


‘The liberty of the individual must be thus far limited; he must not make himself a nuisance to other people.’

Monday, January 31, 2011

M and Living Desert

Since the last few days have been M quarantined in our bedroom, me sleeping in the living room and the girls stuck inside due to rain, it should come as no surprise that I took off this morning with K to escape.  For those who know, M came home with a really bad flu Friday night/Saturday morning.  I have never seen him like this in our ten years.  He was beat red like he had gotten sun burnt and completely out of it.  He literally slept for 36 hours straight, waking only when I came in to give him medicine or drinks.  He is up now...reading...and the fever broke last night.  He told me this was easily as bad as the worst malaria he ever had!  I was a little worried, I'm not gonna lie, but now he seems to just be fighting off the end of it.  So far the girls and I aren't showing any symptoms, but we will have to wait a couple more days to know for sure.

Anyway, while this is going on, K has been getting up earlier and earlier because she can't seem to figure out when she is allowed up and when she isn't.  So this morning it was 5am, 5:30am and 6:30am.  Yes, I ordered one of those night light clocks that lights up as a sun when they can get up and a moon when they have to stay in bed.  It better work!  And Emily has been sleeping in very strange patterns, even taking a morning nap and foregoing the afternoon one.  So, with three people to care for and getting very little sleep, this morning when Em went down for another nap and K got crabby because she couldn't go out in the cold, wet weather, I had had enough.  I marched in to M's room and told him K and I were going to the zoo.  He agreed he could wear a mask and care for the little one, whenever she got up.  So that is what we did.  I even told myself I wasn't going to take pics.  That didn't last long...she's so stinking cute, I couldn't resist.  Thankfully though my battery died so I only got a few of the places we went and then just had to enjoy watching her run in the sun.

It was 48 and overcast when I dressed us up and in the half hour it took to get out into the desert, it was 70 and sunny and we were way overdressed.  I knew we were in for a good time when the sun hit K's face and I heard, "Sun way up!!" (sun wake up) and I looked back to see a huge smile on my little girls face.

The obligatory pic of an animal...IDK, to prove we were at a zoo?  Mr. Cheetah.

 Brushing the goats.
 Watching the cat in the tree.
 Riding the fake animals at the real zoo.
Ok, now for the fun ones.
This was the little oasis where we ate lunch.  It is nothing special but since it warmed my heart and made me  relax, I wanted to include it.

But since K can't leave water alone, it didn't take long before she was throwing leaves (yes, in the absence of rocks).


And then splashing in the water with her shoes on.


She even got to meet this dog from New Guinea.


In the playhouse.


Since she stood still and let me take a pic, I had to zoom in on that face!


Playing on the 'sand dune'...

Sliding is serious stuff!

Bye Bye desert animals!!


God Bless!!

No comments: