John Stuart Mill (Essay on Liberty)


‘The liberty of the individual must be thus far limited; he must not make himself a nuisance to other people.’

Friday, August 20, 2010

Keep Forgetting

I almost keep forgetting to report on Emily's new diet. It is going GREAT! The last several times I have reported too soon on changes and then a day after I post, she is back to her old self. So this time I wanted to wait and make sure it was going to stick.



So for those who don't remember, we did a suck/swallow test and determined that some milk was going in to her lungs each time she ate. We thickened her milk and she was able to consume it properly. So we are now adding rice to her milk (along with the formula, protein, oil and meds) in order to thicken it up and it is working like a charm. She is keeping her food down and other than getting constipated, seems to be doing well with it. She is sucking better and can get her bottle down in about 15 minutes now (that's half the time). It doesn't bother me to feed her anymore although I am totally sick of the frequency (still at 6 bottles and two feedings of solids each day...mangos are her favorite).

2 comments:

doug&margarethe said...

Glad she likes her solids...but wood??!! I'm glad she likes mangoes as they are my favorite too! She just seems so much happier these days..at least in the photos. hugs from me to her, also to K.

H said...

Adorable! Emily's last smile makes me happy!