John Stuart Mill (Essay on Liberty)


‘The liberty of the individual must be thus far limited; he must not make himself a nuisance to other people.’

Saturday, July 10, 2010

So Far, So Good

We will be heading to MN for the wedding of M's last brother this week...this will be the last one on both sides of the family and I am actually excited about it (if you know me, this is VERY unusual). Anyway, I wanted to update before we left.

So far, Emily seems to be responding really well to the changes we made. I think she likes the taste of the new formula as she is eating again. This is a HUGE relief to me since it is incredibly hard to force feed your baby when she is crying, screaming and arching her back and all you are trying to do is give her milk. Honestly, it is heartbreaking. She has done this on an off since she came home, but after a solid week of it, today she ate all her feedings and it was like a breath of fresh air. I hope it sticks but I've been at this game long enough to not get too excited...just hopeful. The prevacid REALLY seems to be helping as her spit up is dramatically less and she even burps without throwing up most of her milk with it. We even got some pears into her and she pooped all on her own. All this and my happy little baby is back. Yipee!

Thank you for your prayers and I hope to soon have some lovely pics of the GREEN midwest, with TREES!! Man, I miss color!

3 comments:

-A. said...

Oh, happy day- amazing news!

Jim and Marilyn said...

Praise God, what wonderful news. Yes, we will pray that Em's love of this new diet continues.
Family and friends, big green trees, clear blue skies (humidity...well, we can leave that one out!) here we come!

doug&margarethe said...

Glad Emily is positively responding. Pray it continues just fine! Anxious to see the family in a few days.