Emily Grace does NOT have cystic fibrosis. Praise the Lord!!
That means that all of her problems do not fall under a single disease and we will attack them individually. SO, her weight gain is the biggest issue right now. She is in the 20% for length but continues to not be on the charts for her weight (although she is eleven pounds now!!). We are switching the formula that we add to my breast milk to see if she will absorb a different brand better and we are attacking the reflux with prevacid as well as attempting to start her on solids. She is quite young to start solids but if she will eat them, hopefully, we can eliminate the juice from her diet (for constipation) and replace it with milk (which is obviously higher in calories)...and the fruits should help with the constipation as well. Besides the fact that solids should simply be easier to keep down. The only one I don't like is that I am also supposed to start waking her up at night to get one more feeding in each day...SAD, I know. It was nice sleeping for several hours a night. Oh well, it's not like a lack of sleep is unusual in this house.
Thank you for your prayers! Please keep them coming as we pray Emily to healthy toddlerhood.
7 comments:
Praise the Lord! I've been praying all week. As per weight, none of my babies have been on the charts. My nine month old is just now 12 pounds. She's tiny because we're tiny. But I'll keep praying for weight gain. (So far from worrying about obesity with my kids, I pour heavy cream in everything because they're so tiny :) Small is beautiful)
I've been praying and waiting to hear the results of the CF test. Praise the Lord indeed! Our 7 1/2 month old baby girl was "failing to thrive" for the first several months of her life, so I can understand a *little* bit of the slow weight gain dilemma. HMF, setting an alarm in the middle of the night, syringe feeding, etc. It certainly helped me understand the benefit of praying that God would "pack on the pounds"! (or ounces!) I'll pray that God would multiply your energy despite the short nights of sleep for you too!
Thank goodness! God is good! I love your updates and check on a daily basis to see how your family is doing and to get gaga-eyed over sweet Emily!
Yay!!! Thank you Jesus!
PTL! We were so happy to hear the news. We love every ounce of that little girl and will continue to pray that God will bless her with good health and enrich you with a peace that passes all understanding and with strength beyond yourselves. What an exciting week we have ahead of us!
That's wonderful! Praise God!
PRAISE God for His goodness! B&M, your posts are quite the ministry to many people who follow your blog. Many tears and prayers have been done. Such a blessing to see and hear your journey with God being your strength and trust. Thank you for sharing.
Really excited to see you & the family this coming week and being able to meet Emily for the first time and playing with Kylie. Have safe travels.
Post a Comment