John Stuart Mill (Essay on Liberty)


‘The liberty of the individual must be thus far limited; he must not make himself a nuisance to other people.’

Friday, February 12, 2010

Oh Emily

I have the cutest video of K laughing but I can't get it uploaded...I will try again tomorrow. For now, we'll post one of Em. It's not the best but she is tracking so well with her eyes that I love it. What a miracle those little eyes are! If you listen carefully, you can hear her breathing. That's what we talk about with her lungs...they should get better as she gets bigger but she needs to eat. Oh, they started feeding her but only as much as she will take from a bottle (about one third of an ounce).



This is posted in the NICU and I like it - particularly the one on patience and life - so I thought I would share.

I asked God to take away my pain.
God said No
It is not for me to take away but for you to give up.

I asked God to make my handicapped child whole.
God said No
Her spirit is whole, her body is only temporary.

I asked God to grant me patience.
God said No
Patience is a by-product of tribulations. It isn’t granted, it is earned.

I asked God to give me happiness.
God said No
Suffering draws you apart from worldly cares and brings you closer to me.

I asked God to make my spirit grow.
God said No
You must grow on your own but I will prune you and make you fruitful.

I asked God for all things that I might enjoy life.
God said No
I will give you life so that you may enjoy all things.

I asked God to help me love others as much as he loves me.
God said…
Ahhh…finally you have the right idea.

No comments: