The day of the wedding began like any other...doing nails...okay, so not really like any other.
Yep, that's me, doing the girls' hair. A few days before the wedding, while looking up ideas on how to keep straight hair curly, I stumbled across a braid called a waterfall braid. Good old you tube had tutorials and I taught it to myself. That is the braid you see in Emily's hair. It is basically a modified french braid that allows hair to cascade down from the braid itself. I love it but it was hard to keep Em's fine hair in it.
I then curled what was left of their hair and that was that....well, an hour later that was that.
Then it was a quick snack substituting as lunch and dresses and flower crowns in the hair...
....oh and admiring yourself in the mirror. It was so cute to watch her! She knew she was extra pretty and she was thrilled about it!
My praying angels headed down for pics...
Finally with the bride and groom. Em was so funny. They wanted her to stand, but she just plopped right down on the ground in her 'Belle' style and posed.
Looking out over the venue.
And of course, the wedding party.
Me and my girls...who knew I would be doing wedding hair? My cousins accused me of being a whole new person they did not even know. :-) It is true but I'm grateful. Not grateful to be doing hair for an hour, I would be fine without that, but grateful to be so much more well rounded in my life.
Ok, M was fascinated by the grapes as well...
M took the girls down to the shade while my mom and I packed up...
...and like little girls in dresses do, they began to dance...there is a video.
Em kept holding her dress up so she wouldn't trip on it, which only made it more cute.
These photos are how you know Dad was by himself...he got the girls jumping just so he could catch them in mid-air. Only a Dad would see his girls in white dresses standing on green grass, wearing flowers in their hair - hair that took over an hour to create, and think, "Well, we have twenty minutes before the start of this wedding. Let's get the girls to jump up and down in their nice, long dresses." Thankfully they stayed on their feet and their hair stayed up so he was forgiven.
Getting their flowers...
Oh yeah, so sometimes when you have kids, you forget to take pictures of yourself. Okay, so all the time. We remembered and this is the real us...note the glasses on the head.
Then we remembered to take off the sunglasses.
We were at a wedding, I had to do the show off the ring on the man's chest photo! So, I couldn't keep a serious smile, I was laughing.
There's my uncle! I told you he existed.
We had to walk such a long way from the tent to the aisle that they decided we should walk the girls to the end of the aisle before we let them go.
And then I have no pictures of them actually performing their only duty the entire day (besides to look cute) because I did not have my camera. Hopefully people will send me a few they got. This is all done and trying to remember where to go. Yes, come over to us and sit under the tree.
Nana was the real hero. She had presents for them to open every hour or so and she managed to keep them quietly entertained. Their behavior was stellar and everyone thought they were amazing, including me. I even forgot they were there as I watched the ceremony. Thanks Mom!
Sarah. I like this look, clearly thinking about those vows he is reading.
Ok, so I did go steal a couple pics...these were on facebook...
Let the party begin!!!!




No comments:
Post a Comment