Ok, so I was fascinated by the vines and took way too many pictures of grapes but it was fun!
So the house I took the other picture from is up on the hill and almost looks like a church. There are actually two houses and the entire bridal party got to stay the weekend in the houses as a part of the package deal. Pretty sweet!
Em loved the yellow roses that lined the pond and wanted a pic with them so here you have it.
I just have to point out the cascading water down the center of the hill, (hard to pick out, I know, more clear in the first picture), but, if you look right where the sun spot in the center is located, it kind of flattens out...yep, you guessed it, a hot tub. It's like someone was finally free to create a peaceful oasis, and they did, but then they decided to share it with others.
K had me pretty worried on the reahearsal day since she was having none of it. She was not happy that we were at the wedding but there were no people, that we were going to prentend we were doing the wedding but she was not in her pretty dress, and worst of all that she had to walk down a pretend aisle, throwing pretend flowers when she didn't even have a basket! Oh buddy. The irony? As soon as Em showed up, she calmed down and did better. I thought it would be the reverse. (The wedding time was right over naps so we had left Em behind so she could get a nap on the day of the rehearsal and therefore, hopefully, not collapse on the day of the wedding). The beauty of everyone running behind? She still made it for the last run through, thus the picture in the yellow flowers.
The beautiful house was thankfully a big distraction.
And they got their presents...necklaces that say 'flower girl', their name, and have a pearl and a stone. They were pretty thrilled. Em exclaimed, "Mom! Now I have a necklace just wike you!!!" K just sat there looking at her pearl.
Next to the house they had a brick oven and we ate pizza cooked on the stone and caesar salad and lots of drinks. M arrived sometime in the middle of everyone telling stories about Kenny and Sarah and got to see the girls before they headed home. He had to work thursday night and so we drove up separate to make sure the girls were there for everything, and so I could stay a day after the wedding to relax with family while he went back to work...someone has to do it.
I don't know why I like this picture, maybe someone can psycho-analyze it, but something about those trees, the barren backdrop and the perfect green rows of grapevines in the foreground fascinates me.
Oh, and we can't forget the swan. The lake was complete with a white swan swimming around.
There's the groom! My cousin, Kenny, you have all seen him in the triathlon pics with me. He is next to his sister, Kristy.
And that is the bridal party.
Silly boys. The young man in the front, looking this way is actually my second cousin...I think that's what he is to me...married to my cousin...I don't know, maybe cousin-in-law.
And there is my last cousin, Alicia, and my Aunt. Yeah! My family is so easy, not like the Erickson's million and one relatives! :-) Love you guys though! I didn't get a picture of my uncle, but he was there, I swear!
The rehearsal went great and we had a great time! Now, off to bed for the real deal tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment