John Stuart Mill (Essay on Liberty)


‘The liberty of the individual must be thus far limited; he must not make himself a nuisance to other people.’

Monday, March 11, 2013

SD Zoo with L's

Well, I will certainly catch up one of these days. I spent saturday at a spa. I know, rough life. One of my friends wanted to treat the women in her life to a massive treat...it was awesome!!! Anyway, then we spent all day yesterday traveling (yes, 10.5 hours) to get back up to Redding to see my parents. SO, now we are here and will eventually catch up on the oober fun of vacation! :-)

Back in San Diego, we took a day to head to the zoo. This is what happens when you mix a socal girl with a Minnesotan on a 50-something day...



The morning was overcast, so the big cats were out prowling and we got to see all of them up close and personal.  They are so intimidating to me!  I love them!




All Em talked about the entire time was wanting to see the elephants.  Why?  Guess she can always see them.



Koala



They have these giant books with turnable pages, they were very fun and Em LOVED them!  She forgot all about the elephants after she saw these.


The neatest thing about the SD Zoo is all the greenery.  It is a plush, beautiful garden everywhere you go.


My little monkeys



Em and I spent a long time with the turtles.  When I asked her if I could get a picture, she spent the entire time trying to cover up the turtle so she would be the only one in the picture.  Since they kept moving around, she never did succeed but the rest of us found humor in watching her try.


We split up because K wanted to sit and watch the monkeys and the turtles were only a little ways back.  It was the only time all day we sat down, except to eat, and I thought it rather nice.  :-)


Then we met back up with A and E and little T had gotten a nap so he was in a great mood.


I'm pretty sure this is half the reason my kids love going places...snacks all day long!



The panda baby was easily the cutest!








Such a cutie!!




T'was a great day had by all!  God Bless!!

No comments: