John Stuart Mill (Essay on Liberty)


‘The liberty of the individual must be thus far limited; he must not make himself a nuisance to other people.’

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Outings in Escondido

Let's see, while we were in Escondido, we did a little traveling to some of the local sites.  This is Queen Califa's statue...you know, a strange modern art something something.  The outer ring (the black and white with mirrors) was a little like a maze that led into the center.







Honestly, I don't remember much about the history or anything about it...mainly because I didn't care.  :-)  BUT, the mosaics were pretty neat and we had an awesome time chasing the girls all over the place!






Hiding from Dad...just love Em hiding while K checks herself out in the mirror!


When we, the girls, had a day alone, we went to the nearby missions.  This one was San Antonio de Pala, the smallest mission in CA.


Climbing up to the bell tower.



April was nervous the girls wouldn't be interested in some old missions, but I assured her that as long as they could run around, they wouldn't care where we were...they remained true to form.


The "princess" chair...




This might be the smallest mission in CA but the chapel is beautiful.




For no particular reason, you might start seeing pictures of Em running.  I am constantly amazed when I watch her run.  I know what little detail she is seeing and I can see her compensating for it in her gait, but she just keeps running, and she is fast, and getting faster.  It always serves to remind me how strong she really is.  She may not have learned her letters yet, but she has learned so many far more necessary skills other kids will never need.


We also went to the largest mission in CA...San Luis Rey.





This was cute...it was about to start raining so I decided to run down and see if the neat looking gate led to anything cool before we all walked all the way down there...well, the girls took off after me.  They ran the whole way and were so excited and proud of themselves when they got there.


It turned out just to be the place where they washed all their clothes back in the day, but oh well, the run was good and we just got back to the car before it started to rain.


The spout...at a Catholic Mission...no, I don't get it either.  :-)




Oh, almost forgot this!  We drove by an ostrich farm on our wanderings.  So random.


Well, I probably have just one more post on our most enjoyable week with April and family, but for now I will sign off.  We are in Redding with my parents at this point in time and I can't soak in enough green, trees and vast distances between me and other people!!  I go running for the fun of it, not just to stay in shape.  :-)

No comments: