John Stuart Mill (Essay on Liberty)


‘The liberty of the individual must be thus far limited; he must not make himself a nuisance to other people.’

Wednesday, February 06, 2013

Em Joins Dance Class

As you may know, we had quit dance class after the recital and started gymnastics. Well, now that Em is old enough to join in on the fun, we had to do a re-evaluation of the finances and realized that for the price of one month for K to go to gymnastics, we could pay for both girls to take dance class. So, we started back into dance this month.

The irony of it all is that I completely forgot until I got a text from my friend that morning asking if I was still coming. I threw the girls in the car and ran to the store to get dance clothes. Of course, I could not find what I needed (small enough for Em) as I was in a hurry. Then I realized that for the same price of two pieces of worthless clothing, I could buy both girls new outfits. So I hustled over to the regular clothes, grabbed a 3T and 4T, the sizes my children currently wear, and bolted. Little did I know that some stores are helping the obesity epidemic by making all their clothes bigger so people do not feel fat...the girls were swimming in their outfits but I had no time to go back, so a safety pin in the skirts, bobby pins in their hair and two giant outfits later, we piled into the car for the first day of dance.

The sign says, "Dance for an Audience of One".


Em was very exicited to finally be allowed to go in the room!








Em tried very hard to follow directions.



She was always about one second behind.  I like to think of it as her 'live delay' as in TV.  :-)



She did manage to lose her spot.


But pulled it together.



She did finally lose concentration and her listening deteriorated but it took a long time.  Overall, she did much better than I thought she would.  I was proud of her.





I tried for a few photos when we got home, but it just deteriorated into kissing.  :)


I know, technically terrible, but look at their faces.  So cute I couldn't delete it.




Well, it's been fun and adventurous, although the real adventure is about to begin - trying to convince the girls that they should wear different clothes to dance class next week and save these for when they are bigger.  I sense this will be a giant battle so I am not sure I am willing to fight it in the first place.  We shall see.  :-)

God Bless!!

No comments: