John Stuart Mill (Essay on Liberty)


‘The liberty of the individual must be thus far limited; he must not make himself a nuisance to other people.’

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Just Cause

Well, it has come that time again for the randomness of life to exit my camera.  :)  In the aftermath of K's birthday, I have discovered that K hit the motherload on gifts.  They were virtually all books, crafts, games, clothes and dress up...there isn't a single thing she hasn't played with, completed or learned from.  She loves it all and this Mom was reminded just how much she needs to add even more of this into her life.  People think I push science on my baby, but I don't.  She is just interested in it.  I'm not gonna lie, it makes my heart happy to see her learning the bones of the body at four years old and telling me about the "testins" (intestines) and how they make poo.  Hey, if she wants to learn it, I'm gonna teach it!


And then there is Em...I am pretty sure she was put here to lighten the mood in our lives.  She is always after a laugh and will do whatever it takes to get it...including the rambo look.


I just love it that they are finally to the point where they play more than they fight and now they are even willing to cuddle together.


Em checking herself out in the mirror.  We finally made the move with her and school.  I take her in once a week and on that day she gets her occupational therapy, special ed intervention and vision therapy...all in a two hour period.  She is pretty beat when she comes home but we have gained our freedom back as a family and it is working far better for all of us.  Besides, now I only have to listen to her cry once a week about not wanting to go to school instead of three days a week.  She still gets formal schooling on Wednesday, Friday and Saturday at this point and we believe that is more than enough for a three year old.  (Not to mention Sunday school and all the crafts, games and puzzles we just do at home all the time).  By the way, she does a super happy dance when I tell her it's Friday or Saturday school, she just hates to be away from us.


Nana and Poppy came out to watch the girls so we could go to a marriage conference at our church.  Thanks guys!  It was great!


Ok, another one.


I will never get sick of this...Sammy is always dressed up with them!


Now that the rains have stopped and it is sunny, I have been having the hardest time convincing K that it is still not warm enough to swim.  In fact, I got so sick of the argument with her that I decided the only way to end it was to prove to her that I was not lying.  So, yes, it was 50 degrees out, and we were filling up our pool.


Can you see the snow on the mountains in the background?  Really?  The whole story, as I am sure you will guess, went like this...K walked in the water, then got out.  She then tried to get Em to go in so Em put her fingers in, ran away and asked me for her towel.  K then put her feet in one more time and decided that we should all have our towels.


And we ended up in here...like Mom had suggested all along.  I learn so much about God every day by watching my kids.  You know what?  Maybe God says No to some of the things I want because He might just have a little more experience and a much better perspective than I do.


Of course, they are girls...they had to trade outfits.  Cute story: As we were driving to Z's house the other day, K said, "Oh no, Mom!  The fields are turning into grass!"  To which I replied, "Well, that's good K."  "Yeah," she agreed, "then the animals won't get upset."  When I asked her why not, she answered, "Because they like the tasty grass."  :-)


We took our friends to the Living Desert and I managed to forget the memory card for our camera, but then I remembered that my new video camera has a picture mode so I decided to try it out.  It did pretty well until the sun came out then the colors got washed out so I only ended up with a few good ones, but I will certainly take it, especially since it is always with me and about the size of a phone.






There were actually real animals there, we just got so distracted by all the other things that we forgot to go look at most of them.



Yep, they have a carousel.  The girls all three wanted to ride a cheetah so we told them they were all on cheetahs...nevermind Em is the only one.





Well, we are now getting caught up with life and I am feeling better after catching that really fast and nasty flu...easily less than 24hrs but of utter misery.  My biggest praise?  No one else caught it!  Praise the Lord!!  Have a great day!  God Bless!

No comments: