John Stuart Mill (Essay on Liberty)


‘The liberty of the individual must be thus far limited; he must not make himself a nuisance to other people.’

Monday, July 09, 2012

Found More

I found a bunch of pictures still from Redding that I thought were cute so I decided to throw them in here...this is from Turtle Bay which is the area around the Sundial Bridge in Redding.



This bridge spans the Sacramento river and has a translucent bottom to walk across.




But it is actually a functioning sundial too.  We were there on the solstice so we got to see that it was exactly on.


Looking up at the spire.


We also went for a visit with my Uncle and Aunt (Mom's brother) and they have taken on chicken farming so we spent a little time visiting the chickens.




These glasses went from person to person as you will see.



So my cousin-in-law?  Cousin's hubby.



This is my cousin Erik.  I don't know if you remember him but only a few weeks after K was born, he had a snowboarding accident and broke his back.  He has been paralyzed from the stomach down ever since.  He is a pretty determined man though and he keeps trying.  You can see his braces that help him bear his weight but it is a very long road.  The drs say he won't ever walk again but we serve a great God so if you think of him, pray he will prove them all wrong!!



We took M on a big girl hike after all the other kids had gone to bed.  She was pretty proud of herself and I got some cute photos.  You can't see the background but this hike takes you up above the valley so you can see the river snaking through it and all the way across you can see the beginning of the Sierra Nevadas.  It's a great view.





I promise that I have lots more really cute pics of life here, I have just gotten behind and I plan to start catching up now that it is our weekend.  :-)

No comments: