So headed out with our new camera...we really don't know how to use it yet, so we were messing around with settings, that is why you will see some awesome pics and some not so awesome. You will know we are catching on when they all turn out great! :-)
I have to confess that it is quite trying on a logical, rational mother to have a child who has (as mommy has diagnosed) OCD. In this case, we had been swimming and suddenly she fixated on the light, decided it was a drain and that she should be scared of it. It started out just as whining and I tried to talk her down but she eventually went ballistic and had to get out of the pool for good. Crazy kids!!
Not this one though...the half-blind one is the braver of the two.
Mommy and her girl!
We did a lot of sparklers since they are virtually all that is legal. Once again, Em played well with them and K, well, she was too scared. :)
Yes, we used tiki torches to light the sparklers.
And yes, I may have lost a pair of shoes as a result.
Pretty neat when they flew this C5 Galaxy overhead...it is so big we didn't need our zoom very much!
Ah, then as the sun went down, we lit fires and waited for the fireworks to start.
Em went to bed when she collapsed so K put her pjs on too. I know it is super blurry because I didn't have a tripod but this setting is going to take awesome pics when I do!
Well, we managed to stay up for fireworks but after about a minute, K started asking if she could go to bed. Yes, I have that kind of a kid. Her father was like that too. We could see four sets of fireworks from their house so it was pretty neat, but lost on a tired child.
We had a great time! What a relief for me to have Daddy there so I wasn't always asking someone else to watch one of my kids (especially when there is a pool involved). I always appreciate the willingness of people to help but it is even nicer to not have to ask. :)
I hope your day was a blessing! God Bless!
No comments:
Post a Comment