John Stuart Mill (Essay on Liberty)


‘The liberty of the individual must be thus far limited; he must not make himself a nuisance to other people.’

Friday, July 27, 2012

11 Years!

I can't just let our anniversary go by without at least mentioning that this is our day!  As I told the girls, "It's Mommy and Daddy's marriage birthday."  I don't have a picture or anything special to report but today we have officially made it eleven years in this our union between a man and a woman.  This one seems big to me.  Somehow eleven years is a really, really long time but ten went by without a second glance, (as did 1 - 7), but for some reason eight hit me like a ton of bricks, just like eleven is doing to me today.  I remember at eight just walking around amazed that we could be married for eight whole years.  I was flabbergasted.  Now it's eleven's turn.  I can't believe what a huge chunk of time that is!

Anyway, M had to work today and since he leaves before 6am and gets home just before 8pm, I have yet to see him.  I have, however, prepared some double fudge brownies and purchased some wine which we will consume while we have our one hour together after he gets home.  It will be a nice little celebration and I look forward to it.  The biggest bonus of not being hugely sentimental is that schedules like M's don't really bother us.  We've been married long enough that we've been poor together and we've had plenty.  We've had times of freedom and times without.  And through all the good and all the bad, we have learned to take what we can get and not focus on what is missing but on what we do have right in front of us.  And what we have is A LOT!  

Speaking of hubby, he just walked through the door. Sorry I don't have time to get more mushy ushy on you but I've gotta take all I can get!  God Bless!!

2 comments:

Jim and Marilyn said...

Happy Anniversary! We love you guys so much!

trump said...

Yes happy anniversary and greetings folks. Richard