Well, as I am so far behind, I thought it was time to start catching up. A little while back, I found some dresses I had bought on sale and put away for a rainy day, so this hot summer day qualified. This is snow white, in case you don't know all your princesses. :) Nope, never thought I would either!
Em started teething again (yes, again, only this time she finally pushed two of her molars through...still waiting for the other two). She wasn't eating and we weren't worried until she woke up one night with a fever and rapid, shallow breathing. Honestly, I was good until the breathing, then all my alarms went off and I went into hyper-alarm mode. Shallow breathing has always landed us in at least the ER and it's a coin flip if we get to stay in the hospital on top of it. Anyway, I asked people to pray and then we prayed over her. She fell asleep and when she came to get me the next morning, she was completely better. Well, let's qualify that...her fever and shallow breathing were gone...her teeth were still bothering her and she still wasn't eating. Elated that God healed her, once again, I decided I could take on the battle of the food.
So I decided to try to bribe her back into eating. I found a website with fun food for kids and after scrolling past all the recipes with peanut butter or eggs in them, came across a recipe for shortcake that didn't have any eggs in it. We made it a big deal to let Em help the most (yes, I cleaned the entire kitchen after) and set to making "Strawberry Short-Snake".
With whipped topping...
Ours didn't look like the one on the internet, but the girls weren't waiting for me to shape it nicely with a knife. :)
Anyway, it worked! Em ate and ate and ate...and then kept eating all the healthy foods after that. She even started playing again...
Oh yes, and we had a lovely visit with Chuck and Penny as they stopped on their way through to Palm Springs. The bonus to living on the freeway is that we get lots of visitors.
Ok, so what you see below is my $13 solution to our $500 problem. Yes, I realize they are not the cutest, but we have been told by eye dr after eye dr to get Emily sunglasses to protect what she has left. Unfortunately, there has been no way to do that except order her another pair of her regular glasses, with tint ($500...and it still might not work as they may melt).
Frustrated, I went in to one more optometrist and asked if there was any way to solve this problem and there was a random woman there who just so happened to know that walmart had just stocked a new style of clip-ons with a spring in them so they fit all sizes. Hopeful, I went to the store and voila!! On the smallest setting, they fit her glasses (tells you how wide they really are!). Out the door for $13! She can make fashion statements later in life, for now it's all about saving enough money to pay for the rest of the fence. PTL!!
Oh, and princess K? Her world really is pink now!
God Bless! Please continue to pray for Cam and Barb and the whole family!
No comments:
Post a Comment