John Stuart Mill (Essay on Liberty)


‘The liberty of the individual must be thus far limited; he must not make himself a nuisance to other people.’

Thursday, June 07, 2012

40 YEARS!!!

Nana and Poppy have made it 40 years together!!!!!  Congrats!!!!!


As we will be gone on their actual anniversary this weekend, we headed in on our weekend to take a day celebrating one serious milestone.  I told Nana and Poppy I resisted on their card but I can't resist forever.  Think about it...even their marriage is over the hill!!!  :)

So we are celebrating a lot!  They have given their married lives to serving the Lord both in America and overseas in Africa.  They have four boys who are all married, successful in their own line of work and following the Lord.  They are healthy and still working hard and still have each other.  What more could you ask for?  What blessings flow for them!  Oh yeah and don't forget the five grandchildren and counting!

May God continue to bless you!!

For our day together, we hung out, had a tea party (I think the girls are trying to make up for lost time since Nana and Poppy didn't get to have tea parties with their four boys)...


...helped Nana water the flowers and plants...


...and took a look at all the pictures we took.  I know my camera is dying fast since now I am getting about one in four shots that isn't blurry.  I am so sad!!


We went African for supper...well, as close as we could get...brochettes and pomme frites!!  Yummy!  We got so close on the marinade, it was like heading back for a brief moment.



Then we headed over to the Paris Baguette for dessert.


It's not all bad that K can't eat what the rest of us can.  Every once in a great while, it works out to her advantage as she gets her own dessert.  She even stole two of the candles for her cake.  Someone should tell her it's not all about her!  :-)


Well, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!   May God bless the rest of the years you have together!!


And God Bless you too!

2 comments:

Kari, RN said...

Happy, Happy Anniversary!!! It looks like you had a wonderful celebration together. I love the African theme for the night. I'm sure Africa has been on everyone's minds... I love the tea party, the dessert place, and that K took some candles :) Very fun!!

Kari

doug&margarethe said...

Happy Anniversary to two very special people on their 40th! Many memories of your courting days besides. Looks like a great celebration here. Love and prayers for many more years together.