The next day we were off to Nana and Poppy's house in very northern CA...ten hours away...our old home. We lived up here for six years before M's job moved us south and it is truly our home as it is where our hearts find peace. This is across the street - literally - from the house.
The area is the ruins of an old main street and a state park...the boys in a wagon.
The cousins in an old vault.
On a 'hike'.
N said he was Moses.
Ah, just a pic of part of our yard...
More of the ruins
The kids used this steam engine as a "throne".
Throwing leaves in the backyard.
Goofy little girl and her ball...
These two really started hitting it off this week and spent a lot of time together reading, playing, and generally doing all kinds of things together, including sharing chairs.
Emmy called this pengiun "pangy" and carried him all over the house, even though it was bigger than her.
This is the first time Em has been interested in digital projections of any sort so it was cute to watch her put her face one inch from the screen and watch the pictures pass by. She would stand there for minutes at a time!
And there's a look...
And another one...
We did a lot of crafts this week and one was painting...apparently K decided this meant painting herself. :)
Making cheesy pretzels...
This is my grandma. The kids call her "GiGi" for great-grandma.
Me and my little girl.
Em reading with my aunt. They also live up there.
M and I don't normally give each other gifts so he totally surprised me by getting me the one thing I have wanted for a very long time. I was very happy! We got home last night and today I made pancakes and bread for K. I was flabbergasted as I watched the mixer do all my kneading for me while I drank a cup of tea!
Poppy and Y playing on their new razors.
Princess K...
K kept putting on her new raincoat and umbrella and trying to get me to go outside and then getting upset that the rain wasn't cooperating. :)
Two super heroes in the same house? Yes sir!
Well, I've got lots more pics but just need to get some of them up for now. Merry Christmas to all of you! God Bless!
No comments:
Post a Comment