John Stuart Mill (Essay on Liberty)


‘The liberty of the individual must be thus far limited; he must not make himself a nuisance to other people.’

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Lake Time

One day in MN we took off to visit an old high school friend named S. Although she is a missionary in Africa and we live in CA, we were both in the great state of MN and only an hour apart...we had to get together.

The first thing we did was go for a swim in the lake. I thought this was going to be K's reaction when she realized I had to swim and couldn't stand still to hold her.


BUT, being my child, she will not be allowed to simply give in to her fears and with lots of other parents around, it was easy to distract her so we could try again. S told her that a new life jacket and a monkey ring would be better, and you know she bought that idea, I mean, it's a monkey!


Thankfully, Em has no clue that she is in the 'bad vest' and could care less! :)


Ahh, the sweet look of success!




The other girl is S's oldest daughter and her youngest was still napping.


We went out to the trampoline...


...and in typical Em style, she was having none of the 'left behind in the boat' scenario. She kept trying to climb out into the water. Crazy girl!


My favorite pic of Em...A taught her to kick...thanks a lot! Now she thinks it is fun to kick in the tub too. :)


K got so brave that she didn't even need me anymore...


IDK what is up with this new crooked, goofy smile. I am not a fan but it also cracks me up!


K got so comfortable, that she cried when we got out! Em playing in the sand...yes, and still eating it.



Fishing off the dock...


...catching a fish...


...K actually volunteering to touch it!


...and she's still two and needed to "tie (try) it myself!!"


Em got a free ride with S's hubby and friend.


I know, lake hair and out of focus, but sadly it is the only one I got of the two of us.


It was great to see such long time friends and to see how well their family is doing. We read newsletters and stuff, but it makes a big difference to see them in person. S's daughter was so good with K that I am now her biggest fan! Pray for safety and protection as they head back at the end of the summer! God Bless!

No comments: