Then it was Em's turn...she went back to the BPD clinic at the hospital...a two hour appt where she gets to see everyone from the respiratory therapist to the GI specialist. It is hard for me to be there as there are always kids in wheel chairs with oxygen and worse...it is good to remind me what God has so far saved us from, but it also reminds me of the uncertainty of her future and I have to pray out the fear the whole time I am there. I just keep reminding myself that God is good. He has brought her so far, He won't leave her now.
Anyway, she passed with flying colors other than the reflux...she throws up way too much and they think if we can stop that, she will gain weight at a rate we would like to see. We are stopping her caffeine since her apnea monitor hasn't gone off in over two months (due to breathing only, heart is another story) and we are stopping all reflux medicines since I insisted to the drs that they make her throw up more and they agreed to try ten days without any. Please pray she gains weight quickly now. I have been telling them for a long time that if we just did fewer medicines, she would do better and I would LOVE to be right! :)
The physical therapist also said that her muscles are developing well and cerebral palsy (her highest risk severe condition) is getting less and less likely unless it is just a minor case that we won't see until she is older and trying to walk or learn to read and write. It is so hard to wait to find out if she will be normal or not. I just want to know right now what we have. I don't care. I can't believe how much I love her. She is so precious and honestly, it wouldn't matter one bit to me if she had troubles. I am just such a planner. I want to know so I can read up on it and be prepared to do everything I can to help her in every way possible...but I just have to wait. So I wait.
Well, for those still praying, our top requests right now are that she will start to gain weight more rapidly and if the reflux is tied to it, then that the reflux will stop. And then for wisdom about her eyes and how much to use the glasses...I continue to pray for complete healing since I know it is impossible and I would love to see God continue to do the impossible, but in a measurable manner, with no other explanation. Lastly just her general development...for her brain and her body that they will be cured and develop normally. I know, it's a lot, but I gotta ask for it all as there is no point in asking for anything less.
A few pics and videos for the road.
When I came back from grocery shopping tues night, this is what I saw...they are so cute. :)
When I came back from changing Em's diaper, this is what I saw...lids are no longer a deterrent so I should have known better, but since it made a cute pic, no harm, no foul.
I don't know what order these are in but one is Em 'laughing'...it isn't quite a laugh yet but this is what she does when whiskers meet neck...she's turning into a human!!
And the other is K saying "Gooooaaaaalllllll!!!". We have been watching the world cup but it is only on the Spanish channel so we taught her to say the long drawn out 'Goal' (with hispanic accent and all).
2 comments:
We love you guys! So great to catch up and see your photos... what photographers you both are! And what precious subjects you have! It's amazing to see Em growing so much... she might not be gettting so big (I guess? though it does look like it to me) but she is definetley changing as she is growing.... she's really a spectacular little beauty. Oh how great it will be when I can finally sweep her up in my arms, who we have prayed for for so long.... it might be a few years but it will be sweet when that day comes!
WE love you all so much!
in Christ,
jill
When I think of all the anxiety and prayer on behalf of Em over the past 8 months, my heart overflows with joy as I hear our little sweetheart laughing and enjoying playing with her dad! Praise God for this awesome blessing in our lives.
Post a Comment