John Stuart Mill (Essay on Liberty)


‘The liberty of the individual must be thus far limited; he must not make himself a nuisance to other people.’

Friday, July 30, 2010

Allergies and Lake

So the results are in...drum roll please...K only has an allergy to eggs. Thank goodness since her preliminary blood test showed a lot more (even peanut). It is pretty severe but nothing we can't deal with. I know, eggs are in EVERYTHING. Keep in mind that I live in Southern CA, finding odd diet foods, not difficult. I found egg free mayo on my first try and I made my own soup today and found out that in baking, you can substitute a mixture of oil, water, and baking soda for eggs. We will have to make more food from scratch, but hey, it's healthier and cheaper in the end too.

M, on the other hand, was severely allergic to every single environmental allergy they tested. His back was still swollen today when he went to work. No wonder he hasn't stopped sneezing since we got here. They have him on three different prescriptions and will be getting shots soon. Here's another cool paycheck sent to our favorite drug store. :)

Em didn't get tested today since her teacher forgot a couple things she needed to complete the assessment. She has several big tests this week so if you could pray for her it would be appreciated.  First is her sleep study on Tuesday night (no more apnea, I hope) - and me on that one as I have to spend the night on the floor of a clinic room (good thing we have so much camping gear)...and her suck/swallow test is on Thursday. This is a lot of radiation exposure but since she is still choking and coughing when she eats, they think it is necessary. We also get to see the GI and her pediatrician on Monday.

I am still trying to catch up on vacation pics so I am just going to include them with the updates. At the lake. K obviously thought it was the greatest thing since sliced bread (which she can still eat).









Em tried it too...

Um, not so much.  :)

Good buddies now


1 comment:

Health Resources Center said...

fun stuff in Pebble Lake!

Auntie April