Emily Grace turned five months old while we were out in MN and we took some pics with the Fighting Sioux (University of North Dakota) blanket April made from a bunch of t-shirts from our old track and cross-country days.
So here's the update:
Her vision is developing well except that her right eye is crossing some so we are headed in next week to see if we need surgery now or if it can wait. Please pray for her in this as they are still optimistic about her vision...at the last appt, they said she is 'very visually aware for her age' and they think she might be able to read regular print (with her glasses). I don't know what this new development means for that but I am hoping it is no big deal.
Her eating is still very streaky. Usually the first feeding in a day is difficult for her and she does a whole lot of crying, choking and back arching. After that, sometimes she is good and sometimes she is hard to feed (pulls off often...like a baby who needs to burp, only she doesn't). It has been bad since we got back but she was great while we were on vacation.
She also still has major reflux issues. My two nick names for her are 'Throw up Queen' and 'Stinky'. When she gets older, I am going to have to buy all new shirts, but until then, she can continue to stain the ones I have. Recently, she has been throwing up more than normal but we go to the GI specialist on Monday so we will see what he says then. Just from appearances, she seems to be gaining weight better than before.
In every other way, she is doing awesome! We have a sleep study on Tuesday night and I am optimistic we will be able to give the apnea monitor back. I am watching her now and she is just rolling back and forth on her blanket...well, completely off it now and staring at her hands. She is very active and has started bearing weight on her feet, trying to sit, and moving on her belly. So, developmentally, she gets tested tomorrow and I am pretty sure she will be right on for her adjusted age.
Thank you for your prayers! Oh, I thought maybe it was just my perception that I feel like all we do is go to the dr but it turns out that in the 47 week days before we left on vacation, we had 41 drs appointments. Some of those were on the same day but most are a half hour away so it takes up most of the day. Speaking of, we are off to see the allergist to see if we can get some definitive answers on K. Have a great day!
2 comments:
Darling 5 month photos of EG! Wow to see her "standing". Her smiles are awesome!! Praying for her eating issues and now for the eyesight situation. God has brought her through so much..many miracles so let's keep trusting HIM! He is to be praised.
Miss you all! Hugs.
Hello M & B. You won't remember me B, as you were just K's age when I knew your mom & dad through the Neighborhood Church CMA in Santa Barbara, CA. I/we have kept in touch with your grandmother, Ardie, thus we've kept up with all that has been going on for you over this past year. She sent us the info for your blog. Really appreciate all that you've posted and love the photos too. When I read about the environment allergies, M has recently been dealing with (no surprise in that part of the State) I thought I'd send along information about a homeopathic remedy that has really given relief to many. It's called Pollinosan mfg. by a Swiss company A. Vogel. For many, reduction or complete relief has occurred after only a few weeks use. It's certainly less expensive than prescription medications. Certainly won't hurt anything, since all homeopathic remedies are plant based. So, wanted to send along this information FYI.....Next time you 'chat' with your parents (Dave & Nancy) tell them a 'ghost' from the past sends her greetings. They knew me as Melody Knowles, I've been remarried for almost 30 years and am now Melody Scott :-) Blessings & Shalom to you all.
Post a Comment