So life just can't just roll on I guess. Emily has blood in her stool. I almost took her straight to the NICU since this was the problem we were so scared of while we were there (NEC)- an intestinal infection which can lead to the death of the cells and some very serious problems.
Luckily I called our dr first and found out that now that Emily is a 'big baby' it is not likely to be that. Sadly, she may have a milk allergy or an allergy to something else I ate. If she does, all my stored breast milk will be useless to her since we can't know what I ate at the time. We are putting her on formula for a week (this is the hypoallergenic stuff...it cost twice as much as regular formula...can you believe that? It should be illegal to charge that much to feed a baby!). Hopefully the blood will clear up and then we will try the milk again and see how she does.
I don't know how to ask you to pray for her, but please do...whatever source of nutrition will be best for her in the end is what we really want, so I guess pray that the situation will resolve and that we will be able to feed her whatever will be best for her. I trust God that He has her best in mind, so we just need to pray it through to His completion. Thanks!
1 comment:
pray so often for Emily and the wholeness and complete healing of her organs but will continue about these specifics. How is it going now? She has come so far!! The tracking issue is such an answer to prayer.
Post a Comment