Emily still has blood in her stool. It appears to be less to me but she hasn't gone in five hours so we will find out soon. Sadly, the formula has caused a huge, nasty rash on her bum. So the current plan of action is wait and see. It can take a few days for the offending agent to exit the intestines so we are watching the poo carefully. If we see more blood, I take her in to the pediatric clinic tonight. If it stays the same, I take her in tomorrow. If the rash starts to bleed, I take her in as soon as it happens (need to prevent an infection).
I am totally bummed since I thought we had finally found the perfect combination to get her to gain weight (she gained 6 ounces last week and is up to 9 pounds 2 ounces...NINE POUNDS...MY kid is over nine pounds!!). Now I feel like we are starting over. Plus I always have it in the back of my head that they could take her back...I've been holding her as much as she will tolerate, just in case.
BUT, they keep saying, "Well, she's a big baby now..." and finishing by telling me that all the scariest scenarios that have been a reality for so long are very unlikely. Do you know how great it is to hear that? Instead of every possibility being a likelihood for my kid, I finally have the kid for whom they say - she's just too big for that. I really didn't think about the day this would happen but now it is here. SO, all this bad stuff is going on and all I can think is "I -me- I have the big baby! Thank you Jesus!". Thank you for your prayers!
1 comment:
Hi M & B, It must be very difficult for you to always "be right in the middle of something", very wearing indeed! But, I am glad that it seems a little less right now. Because, I am now going to pray that it becomes even less tomorrow and goes away!
Also, reporting six ozs. in one week seems comparatively pretty good because before you were reporting grams and happy for grams!
John and Barb
Post a Comment