The classes went well...it ended up that we were the only people there so it was nice not to talk about how to change a diaper and instead talked about how to safely deal with reflux (she's on pepcid for that), going home with monitors, how to be mean to visitors who just want to see the baby they have been praying for for months, when to call the dr (way more often than with a healthy baby, that's for sure) and signs that your baby just needs a break...these babies get really overwhelmed by things that would normally soothe you and I. Oh, and M telling the instructor what to tell people about their car seats. :)
Since Em has central apnea, she is back on caffeine (to stimulate her breathing) and she will be on it for a long time...some kids take years and others never get off it. It also means she will come home on an apnea monitor (and her oxygen). In the NICU, we call all the tubes 'spaghetti'. Sadly, we will be bringing some spaghetti home with us. No big deal, we're used to it, it just complicates things as I anticipate the first time K grabs one of the tubes...poor child, that is going to be one lesson she won't forget. I really wish I could just tell her and have her understand! Oh, and choose to obey. :)
Well the rest of us are okay...I am swearing off fast food for the rest of my life (yeah right)...I ate out while at the hospital yesterday and have been sick all day today. My stomach is killing me and it's hard to pump when you can't drink water. Before that, I was great!
This was also the first day we completely cut dairy from K's diet (attempting to alleviate constipation she has been having for a while) and she has gone number two 6times today. All but the last one were very painful so I spent the day holding her and promising it would get better soon. Otherwise, she is super cute and very fun to have around...she wanted to go outside today so I opened the door so she would feel the cold and rain and want to stay in and she looked at me like 'yeah, so what?' and tried to walk outside. :)
M wants you all to know that he LOVES working in the rain. It's raining cats and dogs and he just took a fatal crash cause someone thought it was a good idea to drive 80mph in the rain. This after he stopped someone going 90. Have a great day!
3 comments:
Starbucks, huh? Well I guess that Em does everything with flair! Hope you are feeling better B.
So much to learn and remember with the pending homecoming, but we know that you will weather this storm like you have the past months. We are praying for safety, strength and good health for all of you.
You don't know me...but I've been following your blog to keep up with Emily's story since I've been in your shoes I have a special little place in my heart for micropreemies! I was told that, in regards to visitors, to make it well-known way ahead of time that anyone who wants to visit needs to call and make an "appointment"...no "appointment", no visit!
I very much appreciate your frequent blogging and will continue to keep you all in my prayers!
p.s. I am a friend of Jared & Heidi's =)
Post a Comment