Well, we got a phone call this morning at 7am to let us know that Emily is back in the NICU. She quite literally had her surgery sometime in the middle of the night...they prepped her at 11:30pm and it takes an hour for the drops to take, much less the anesthesia. They had to intubate her but were able to extubate her not long after she returned and she is back on her nasal canula and almost on to room air (no extra oxygen, but still helping push it into her lungs). I have not heard from the dr yet.
K, Grandma E and I are in Pasadena and M is at home. I was able to help give Em her bath yesterday and then hold her while she fell asleep. I am proud to report that she now has a butt, her lungs are disappearing under a layer of fat and her scar from heart surgery is barely noticeable. She must also have a pretty high pain threshold since they had to prick her foot and squeeze the blood out (for some test, don't remember which one) and she winced quick then fell back to sleep while they squeezed her foot. All I remember is K screaming bloody murder when they did that to test her bilirubin!
Oh, and she is 4 pounds, 9 ounces and 36 weeks gestational age...too weird to think I am supposed to still be prego! She is hitting so many milestones...regulating her own temperature and almost breathing on her own...just needs to start eating now. We will likely start trying that again when we get back to Loma Linda (hopefully early next week).
2 comments:
Isn't it good that God knows the whole story? And while we're in the middle of a chapter or plot twist, we can rely on the Author of Life who has written our lives from the foundation of the world.
Praise God for all these milestones and the support you're finding in Him, in family and friends.
I found your blog from another one--I think Anne K. Just wanted to know I am praying here (in Oregon) as the Spirit prompts me and I follow your blog daily. Be strong and courageous! For the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go!
Post a Comment