Merry Christmas!! I know it has once again been some time since I updated, but boy oh boy has life been going crazy! I love this time of year but it is also crazy busy! We had to do Christmas early again this year as M will work over the days on and around Christmas, so in the midst of life going on, we were in Christmas prep as well. I am proud to announce, we have survived!!!
We have some fun pictures from life around here to actual Christmas day (the 21st). The one thing I really like about doing science at the home school is practicing on my kids. We call Sunday afternoons Sunday science. It makes for a fun afternoon between church and small group.
This is Emily's magnifier the district gave her to use at home. It is huge and none of the kids in the schools will use it because they are too embarrassed, but since she is at home she doesn't care. It has been great for her reading, as I mentioned before, and continues to be a big (ha ha get it?) help. The funny part is that she uses it for all sorts of stuff - this is Anna getting a check-up from Doc.
Our friends from down south rolled through once again over thanksgiving and we took off on a hike...it was a lot colder than we thought it would be, but at least there really was water in the waterfall. We were concerned because with the drought as bad as it has been, the waterfalls often take hard hits.
Their reward for making the four and half mile hike was hot cocoa.
I figure it might be time to start introducing you to some of their new friends up here. I rarely remember to take pictures these days, but Christmas has reminded me that I really enjoy blogging life and when I look back, I don't want to have gaps in their lives of memories missed. SO, look out, I am back! :-)
So to start...making Christmas cookies with Nana.
We made 74 small cookies and two giant snowmen! The girls are definitely getting more mature - they hung in there the entire time, from mixing and baking to all the decorating. It was an entire morning! They are getting so big and I LOVE it.
The best news of all? We have been getting rain! And that means snow on the mountains. It truly looks like a white Christmas around us!
We have hosted several parties...I ran one for the youth girls and my mom ran one for the ladies in our church in back-to-back nights, it was loads of fun! I couldn't get everyone in, but you get the idea. We had a blast!
The very next day was our Christmas Eve!
We have started the tradition we always did in my house - pajamas on Christmas Eve, sleep under the Christmas tree in the living room, and wake up under the lights for Christmas morning. I was so excited to decide they were old enough to start and my sister (who has carried on the same tradition) and I decided to buy our nieces their pajamas each year. Em got Frozen, K got Elsa, with a hood. :-)
SO the question I always get when I tell people about our tradition: What about Santa? How do you do that and Santa? My answer: We don't do Santa, so no problem at all. :-)
Christmas morning is always a big, yummy breakfast!
Well this was the motley crew this year.
The girls got some pretty sweet presents again this year! The girls are super excited to be twinsies with several of the outfits. Thanks to all of their aunts and uncles and grandparents for all the wonderful presents!!
This year the girls were very excited to give each other gifts - they actually put a lot of thought into what each other would like and it was nice to see them get just as excited about giving as receiving.
I went into a rebellion against 'girl' toys and went to something building blocks and since Em cannot see well enough to do regular legos yet, lincoln logs got the final nod. Without brothers around they don't have access to the 'good' toys (in my opinion). Anyway, we have been having a lot of fun building stuff, but girls will be girls, and no matter what, the dolls and toys always make it in to the set. The houses end up fully decorated and the dolls have a purpose in their moving about the town of houses. It's a good mix! Hope it sticks! At least Dad will play with them again now. :-) K thinks she wants regular legos so that will be fun soon!
Well, we will be back soon! THANK YOU to all our family! We love you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment