John Stuart Mill (Essay on Liberty)


‘The liberty of the individual must be thus far limited; he must not make himself a nuisance to other people.’

Sunday, June 28, 2015

Mt Lassen

Well, we are back to life...that means lots of work and attempting to make it fun...on the apartment downstairs, it is still coming slowly but surely. We have moved on to painting...


One of the girls' new things is to make roads and walls and everything else that can be made from tape. It makes a giant mess I do not appreciate but as they are continuing to be creative and they clean it up, I don't mind.




We set the girls up downstairs with Nana so I could go get hay.


When I got back, Snowy had a new bed.


And the girls had made a whole new solar system.


K has started painting nails...so cute.


Blaze the princess.


I decided to teach the girls a little something about Italy and then we made biscotti.


Whenever we get a box, it is better than anything inside...this coffee maker turned into the octopod from the Octonauts.


K is turning into such a good helper. She even asks to help out with cleaning now...it must be summer break and she is finally bored!


My uncle and aunt came up this past weekend so we could head out to Lassen National Park and hike to the peak of Mt Lassen (10,400ft).


It was a pretty hot day for a hike across the desolate landscape above the tree line, so when I found a little green life, I had to take a pic.



So this is my Dad's sister and hubby.


It really is a pretty area, very volcanic in nature - with all four types of volcanoes and boiling mud and the whole bit - we call it our "little Yellowstone".


Sadly it was quite hazy the day we hiked.  Some clouds rolled in the night before and did not burn off, otherwise one can see quite a long ways from up here.


My Dad decided to take a nap (that's him on the rock) so I hiked around and took in the view.


That's Mt Shasta buried in the haze.




Well, we have gotten several new horses and just keep adding them one by one. Hopefully we will be full up by the end of summer and headed into winter. We have been super duper hot already and thank God every day for our pool!  I hope all is well!  God Bless!

No comments: