John Stuart Mill (Essay on Liberty)


‘The liberty of the individual must be thus far limited; he must not make himself a nuisance to other people.’

Thursday, March 12, 2015

Let it Begin!

Since we have that permit, we thought construction ought to begin!  These are the spiral stairs from our house to Nana and Poppy's new apartment.  The girls wanted to watch but it was soooo noisy they had to cover their ears!


Step one was to get rid of the bar and the flooring under it.  The stairs are hidden behind the blue sheets.


M calls this "Mowing your lawn ranch style".  Since we actually have too much grass, we have been bringing up the horses one at a time to eat it down.


Such cute little girls!


Back to the remodel, step two was the walls for the bedroom and the staircase...well, the start of them.


My parents have been gone and we have had the dog - who gave who a bath???


No question who won in this case...


Have you ever tried to take a picture of the moon when it is soooo big and it comes out tiny? Every time for me but I had to throw it in.  This is the main mountain you can see out our window and the moon was huge all morning. I just LOVE waking up to the view of mountains and trees.


When we removed the rest of the flooring, K helped and then we took the girls to the dump for the first time.  They were very impressed with the giant tractors and not impressed at all with all the noise they make.



You know how the girls are always creating things from paper and cardboard?  Well, this time Toothless cracked his wing and rather than go get the doctor's kit we have, they went and made one.  The thermometer even had one side colored red and one side colored blue for hot and cold.


She gave him a shot (which she made out of a pipe cleaner, since it has a pokey end), and put on a bandaid.  They are so funny to me!  I have thought about just clearing out their toys and making an entire room of craft stuff but then who would they fix and who would they make houses and bed for? There must be a way!


And who would drive the cars they make? Complete with seatbelts...


On another note, it finally rained again.  We have had perfect weather for far too long! Unfortunately, it started while I was out on a long run with a friend and the girls were in the stroller (and I had not brought the ipad for entertainment). We ran for 48 minutes but the girls didn't complain or say anything negative the entire time.  Instead they were encouraging me to run faster.  I was so proud of them that I told them I wanted to do something for them to thank them...that turned into a chocolate chip cake with frosting and sprinkles they got to decorate on their own and no words from me about it. They were so excited!


I kept my word and didn't say a thing while they decorated. Em made hers with an 'S' on it and K made hers with a 'T' on it, each for their dragon.



Well, it wasn't a lot but we did get a touch more rain.  We need more, hopefully soon and not in May when I want my pool to start warming up for summer!

In the book of ironies stands one on this day - we finally got Em to let a dentist look in her mouth.  We have taken her four times and this time she finally got past her fear.  I asked the doctor about her thumb sucking and he chuckled and admitted he was a little glad she was doing it.  Her mouth is so tiny that he said he can use all the space he can get and so far it hasn't impacted her teeth. To say that was not what I expected is an understatement!  They are very worried about both girls' mouths since they have very little space and no where for the adult teeth to go.  At least they can have braces and pulled teeth together. They will commiserate I am sure.

I hope all is well!  I am going to post my thoughts on Balaam one of these days.  If you haven't read the story of the talking donkey, check out Numbers 22.  It's a great story and has applied many times to many different areas of my life.  I mean, when has a talking donkey NOT applied to life?  :-)  Have a great day and God bless!!

No comments: