I kind of feel like I always say things are busy, perhaps that is just life these days, but one thing is for sure, it's a true statement!
M has started therapy, I mean his next project, and this is a big one. He promised the girls a new and improved tree house as soon as we moved (since he had to take down their tree house in the the old house). Well, he started this week...so we will keep you updated as it rolls along. Looks like it will have a base that is 12x12 and requires some serious support. :-)
The remodel is also coming along - I took a picture of the outside of our house before they came the next day to add a door and window.
The girls have taken to helping with all the projects around the house and since it is too noisy inside, they spend a lot of time outside.
At this point, they were making cement, "Just like Dad." K is cleaning the tools before they continue.
With a mix of mud and water, voila!, they have it.
Em stays very clean in these situations.
Dad decided to put their names in the cement.
Mommy got artsy...
We also went to the local little science museum for an Easter get together. The girls got to decorate plaster Easter egg ornaments and take a pic with the Easter bunny.
After that, it was time for K to run her first real race. Well, not a competitive but a long distance race with other people.
She was pretty excited to run just like Mommy. She wants to be a big girl so bad!
We went with our friends.
This was the whole get-up. Youngest in strollers and extra space just in case.
K ran the entire way, which turned out to be 1.2 miles and not the projected 1 mile, so we were doubly proud. (For those unfamiliar with distances, she ran 5 times around the track without stopping).
We were down by the Sundial Bridge so even though it was about to start raining, it was beautiful.
Her pace was a 10:12 mile pace and we were pretty darn proud of her! Maybe the apple won't fall too far from the tree. It would be fun, but won't bother me either way. We just want her involved in something that keeps her healthy and we will keep trying new things until we find some that stick.
She mentioned once or twice that she was tired. :-)
Look at Em photo-bombing their finish shot!
Anyway, this is one of the projects I have been working on lately. This area is what we call the lower pasture. The arena is to the left and the fence on the right is the end of our property. It is unused space because it generally gets boggy in wet winters. But since we are in a drought, we haven't seen that so we decided to get a couple of the horses out of their stalls and down here. We set up an electric fence all the way around and ran water and set up feeding spots. Hope it works for a long-term spot, but we will see!
Oh, Em. She is in one of her ridiculously cute stages! She is funny and imaginative and well, keeps us entertained. This was a play. About what I am not sure - the pounding from the remodel downstairs drowned out her soft voice. But I didn't need words to appreciate that!
She has been asking me questions of late like, "Mom, why is God invisible?" and "Mom, how did the disciples see Jesus if we can't see Jesus?" Today we were watching a Christian music video and a pale skinned Jesus showed up and I made the comment that Jesus probably didn't look like that, which started a whole new conversation about what Jesus looks like.
Today, I told Emily that I think she has seen Jesus but that she was too little to remember, but that when she sees Him again, she will recognize Him. (She knew I was talking about the hospital when she was a baby because she has asked so many questions of late about her pictures and why she has scars on her arms). And I told her that Jesus kept her company when Mommy and Daddy couldn't be there. So she thought about this and then she asked me back, "Did you see Jesus there?" Immediately I responded, "Oh yes, I saw Jesus all the time when we were there." (Me, of course, being metaphorical. I saw his hands, his feet, his love, his miracles, lots and lots of him). She, of course, was being literal, which then brought us straight back to, "Well, then, what does He look like?" :-) Pray for me! I love it!
We get some of the most amazing sunsets at our house. I LOVE sunsets! I always take pics but I rarely do it justice so I just can't post them, but I decided just to go for it, so here are two from the last couple weeks.
Even as I look at it now, the richness of the colors of the sky are just lost. Someone needs to tell me how to set my camera to capture it. Just make the blues bluer and the oranges orangier, and the pinks you can't even see, well, imagine those. :( But at least you can see my view.
I am pleased to announce that we are all doing well. Looking forward to getting my parents in here and hopefully selling their house. Spring is upon us so allergies are crazy and we have a yellow pollen film on absolutely everything. We got two days of rain but it was less than an inch total. Nice to get something but we still need more.
I hope this finds you well! God Bless!
1 comment:
Tell Kylie she runs faster than her Auntie! :)
Post a Comment