John Stuart Mill (Essay on Liberty)


‘The liberty of the individual must be thus far limited; he must not make himself a nuisance to other people.’

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Zion

I believe it is high time I started to update this. As you know we are on another one of our vacations. We began the vacation by camping in Zion National Park for a few days. This is one of M's favorite parks so he took the camera for most of it.


We found our old walkie-talkies and the girls could not have been happier.  They played with them on hikes, at camp and everywhere.  They talk so loud that you can hear what they are saying without it but they thought they were so cool it was quite humorous to watch.





I like the tree in this one.


This hike was a good one.  We went a little over three miles and the girls didn't complain once.  It was hot and everyone we passed decided that if these little girls could do it, so could they. The hike was supposed to be to Emerald Pool but they are so low on water the pool was barely there, thus the lack of pictures.




Our campground had a nice pool at it so we were hiking in the morning and swimming in the afternoon.  Then in the evening, it was smores all around.


On the second day Nana and Poppy joined us so we set up both our tents and had quite a large campsite to work with.


I found this idea on google...no I don't pinterest...I can't.  I would never get anything done for want of completing all the ideas on there.  Anyway, mess-free smores - use sugar cones instead of graham crackers.  The adults agreed it changed the taste too much but the kids were happy to not get so messy.


To get around Zion, you take shuttles everywhere.  Em loved looking out the windows.  Wherever we went, this is how you would catch her looking at the world God created.







There were a few flowers, I believe this is called the columbine.


Of course there are loads of rocks to climb.




The girls enjoyed playing in the water and mud...making hand prints and all sorts of pictures on the rocks.




Jim declared this rock (the one in the middle) "Baboon Face".


The 'wildlife' was super friendly, perhaps a little too friendly, but it was fun to see them come so close even Em could see them.


Like I said, after a morning of hiking, an afternoon of swimming and an evening of smores with Nana and Poppy, they couldn't be happier.



Our girls are in love with camping and we couldn't be happier about it.

In other news, we are up in Redding looking at houses and the like.  The investor who was going to buy our house decided not to buy it and so we are back at square one with our sale.  I have no doubt we will sell it in a timely manner and am choosing to see this as a potential blessing in disguise as we may not have to move quite as quickly as we thought.  God has it all figured out and we trust Him, so though it is irritating, we are not worrying about it.  I hope your summer is off to a great start!  God Bless!

1 comment:

-A. said...

We love Zion! Wow, the river is really really low! We love to go inner tubing on it (we used to have our family vacation there every year until certain siblings started having kids and couldn't handle it...). Those squirrels are SO creepy and obnoxious- waaay too "friendly"/greedy. Hope your house sells soon and you can settle up north into a new normal!