John Stuart Mill (Essay on Liberty)


‘The liberty of the individual must be thus far limited; he must not make himself a nuisance to other people.’

Monday, February 18, 2013

President's Day

I realize that I do not normally like to get out of chronological order, but since this is date sensitive (and I don't have to sort through a million pictures), I thought I would throw it on while the girls are taking their bath. As per usual, I had no idea today was a holiday until I tried to call in and get an appointment with the doctor. Then their teacher showed up and had a whole day of President's day activities for the girls.  K stuck her flag in Sammy's water bowl...which just so happens to be filled with sand...poor dog, but great pic!  :-)


She told them stories about George Washington and telling the truth and they did everything from planting cherry trees...



...to marching around the yard, signing songs...




...to making hatchets and model cherry trees...


...to making cherry pies!




She had so many fun activities planned, I don't even know all of them, (since I went for a run in the middle of it)!  Good times!  When she left, Mom was happy and exercised, kids were happy and so worn out I got a nap out of the big one, which meant an even happier mom who got lots done!  I might even sort the rest of my pics by tonight.  :-)  So anyway, Happy President's Day!!  

No comments: