Sisters...My Little Princesses...
For gymnastics class, K was supposed to dress up but still be able to perform gymnastics...and I found out the morning of the day of class. Sooooo, I decided she just wasn't going to dress up. Then as the time got closer, I felt bad so I went online and looked up "tight toddler costumes" and the kitten came up. I figured the ears should just go over a regular hairband and so I tried sewing them right on. It worked! Then I made a tail out of felt I have for school crafts and sewed it on her pants.
Did I say sew? Why, yes. Did I not tell you I purchased a sewing machine? I got sick and tired of not being able to fix the simple things the girls ruined and decided it was time to just try it out and see if it was worth it or not. I bought the cheapest walmart brand machine and have found it quite useful. It is not nearly as hard as I had thought. Plus, I am not trying to do anything even close to perfect so this gives me the freedom to just 'play' and I am discovering how much you really can do with one of these lovely machines. So this, which sufficed, cost me nothing to make. Now that is my love language!! (And I am certain my hubby's love language as well!). :-)
A was tinkerbell, which was a problem since K was pretty upset I didn't let her be a princess, but it's all good. A is holding K by the tail...a tail which at some point during class, A pulled right off her pants. K started to get upset and then someone told her it was okay because now she was just a dog. This made her happy and the next day I had to make a second set of ears so she and Em could be puppies together. :)
We had rehearsal for the girl's dance recital so I snapped a couple of pictures right before they walked into the room...thus the nasty background. We are going to get some cute pics of the girls in these outfits early this week so I will definitely post those when we get them, but for now, the preview of the cuteness that is to come.
Well, we have been quite sick...yes, the entire family...with everything from simple allergies to a cold to the flu. M was the worst as he ended up with a serious case of the flu on top of a cold, then I was next as I am not sure if mine was severe allergies or a cold but I think I got a cold, then K who had serious allergies and ironically, least of all Em. She had some allergies but they stayed pretty mild.
Why all the allergies? The wind shifted again and came barreling through the pass. Whatever it brought with it, we are all allergic to. We all got up one morning, after the wind howled through our windows for the entire night and started sneezing and then our noses started running so bad we could have made a river just from the snot from our family. So far the girls have not had any colored snot so we are holding out they will be fine, minus the fatigue that hits with the allergies and ensuing medicine.
So, please pray none of us get the flu M had, it was bad! He even stayed home from work this weekend and literally stayed on the couch the entire time. K told him today that he was watching too much TV and he said yes, but he didn't feel good so it was okay to which K responded, "Dad, I don't feel berry good, maybe we can watch my show."
I hope you are all better than we are but keep your head up if you're not - this too shall pass! God Bless!!
No comments:
Post a Comment