Well, hello, I guess it is time to let you in on the "normalness" of our lives these days. For M, one problem has led to the next and between court and problems around the house (the latest being the pipes in the sprinkler system), we haven't seen a lot of each other lately.
For the girls and I, the challenges have been far more docile. We are trying to teach one girl how to talk without whining and the other how to talk without crying, all while trying to stay sane. So, K's latest pretend adventure is to pretend she is a dog and follow Sammy all over the house, doing whatever he does and asking me for treats. She does it so often, I even got pics of it.
This is her scratching her eye as Sammy had just done.
Pulling themselves across the floor on their bellies.
Scratching their backs on the floor...yes, we shampoo this carpet often. :)
We have also done some changes in the girls' room. We have been talking to K about getting rid of her paci for quite some time. Our previous attempts to take it have failed miserably and this time we decided just to keep talking about it and offer a trade. For the past month (or two, I'm not sure as it has been so long), I have heard, "No, not yet." Then the other night, she just walked up to me, said, "Mommy, I'm a big girl. I don't need my paci. I want a fincess bed." She then went to her room and got her paci, came to the kitchen and threw it away.
Seriously? Yes. She is absolutely her father's daughter. You have to give her time to decide what she wants but once she makes up her mind about something, there is just no changing it. So, we went to the store and purchased princess sheets, took the bunk beds apart and made her a princess bed. She went to bed without a whimper and so far, we haven't heard anything about it. Our fingers are crossed!
Also, our new pool came in the mail today. It might have been cold but we had to try it out. They played until their teeth were chattering and then I made them come in. I think it will be a giant hit this summer!!
The slide is K's favorite. The ball ramps you can see Em playing with are Em's favorites and even though it isn't hooked up, the rainbow showers water on you. It is so cool! Now we are just hoping for no holes!!
Well, we are still laughing, still crying, still moving forward. Life has reached some sort of crazy normal. If my kids would just stop changing so fast so I could feel like I have a grasp on this whole parenting thing, it would make life so much easier! When you start parenting, no one tells you that the moment you think you have a handle on your kids, they go right into a new phase that takes you aback and you struggle through that until you get how to deal with it and then life is great...for a day, a week?...a short period of time before they start something new. Wonder why no one can offer you advice as to what they did? They don't remember. All the issues got blurred together and all they remember is surviving. Here's to hoping our best will be good enough! As Tony Horton always says, "Do you best and forget the rest!" Keep surviving all!!! God Bless!!
1 comment:
Actually, there's an even better reason no one can really give you advice sometimes......there are too many variables! Every little person is different, born into a unique family and environment, etc...... I often wished God would have sent me even the "cliff notes" version of a manual for each of you! :)
Post a Comment