As I write this, B is taking Emily into the ER. Emily started running a slight fever last night, but it went down right away, after giving her Tylenol. She did not sleep good all night, namely because she (as well as K) has been non stop running nose and nasal drainage since we got back to this accursed area we live in (have I or B mentioned how bad my allergies have gotten since moving to So-Cal? Well, apparently I have passed on my genes to both my daughters). To give you an idea of how bad it is for me: I take a prescription anti-hihistimine, two different nasal sprays (morning and night), and one allergy shot every week. I still get sinus headaches and sneeze all day long. I use a neti-pot in the morning and night-when it gets really bad. I have never experienced allergies like this in any place I have lived in.
Emily and K coughed all night (more on this a little later), trying to clear the drainage, thus keeping them both up. This morning, Emily was just lethargic all day, taking a 4 hour nap from 930 to 1330, then getting back to her old self for about 2 hours, then back to lethargic. Between B and myself, we probably held Emily on our laps for about a total of 2 hours. If anyone knows the current Emily, that is way out of the ordinary.
Anyways, we put her down for an early night and she woke up around 8, coughing, running a temp of 101.7, whimpering, crying and literally shaking. We believe she is pushing her two bottom (2 yr) molars so this may be the issue. I remember K being terrible. We are hoping and praying that this is it, along with her allergies.
As I was loading her into her carseat so B could take Emily to the ER, Emily threw up all over herself and the carseat. The food we got into her today was blueberries, grapes, yogurt and Naked Juice (the purple one). You can imagine the mess she created. Needless to say, the carseat covers are now in the wash and the 18 month old pajamas she was wearing, are now in the trash.
B and I are not parents who take our children to the doctor for sniffles, however, Emily has forced us to change this mentality. Because of her issues, everything is a little more serious with her. Things that might concern us with K, scare us with Emily. As I mentioned earlier, K and Emily coughed all night. The difference between the two, however, is that Emily actually quits breathing when she gets drainage, chokes, wakes up in a panicked state, and has to sit up to breathe. B and I saw this twice last night.
It is extremely nerve racking when you watch your daughter stop breathing. When Emily did this last night, it would terrify her and she would just start crying in the most pitiful cry. It breaks your heart to hear it, because her voice is soft and sounds so sad. As a parent, you want to do everything in your power to help her, but you can only do so much.
We will update more on Emily's condition tomorrow. For now, your prayers are coveted.
3 comments:
Poor little Em! We'll be praying for her and for the rest of you too.
Praying for you guys here in MT.
Praying for Emily and the rest of you.
Post a Comment