John Stuart Mill (Essay on Liberty)


‘The liberty of the individual must be thus far limited; he must not make himself a nuisance to other people.’

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Kylie Turns Three!!

So that fateful day (Thursday) was also Kylie's third birthday...my poor child. :) We had spent the morning while Em was still asleep telling Kylie that it was her birthday and now she was three and when people ask her how old she is, she has to say, "Three!" Then we made pig pancakes and had breakfast on the red "It's your special day" plate. It was turning out to be a great family day until I took Em to the dr...and you know the rest of that story.

SO, now that Kylie got to go spend the rest of the day at Auntie K and Uncle J's place...I thought maybe she wouldn't notice, but I guess she did. She started telling Auntie K, "Auntie K, today is my birthday!" apparently just about once an hour. :)

This is the cousins eating what K calls 'dirty chips' because they get your hands messy.



At some point, Auntie K asked if she could take K for ice cream to celebrate and we told her to please do it! So she told K they were going to Frugos to get ice cream for her bday party and K in classic fashion said, "I love frugos!!" (she has been there once). Then she proceeded to tell Auntie K, "Don't forget my candles. I am three. You need three candles. I like pink."


When they got there, K asked, "Where is my princess cake? You have to stick the candles in the princess cake!" So Auntie K flipped a cup over and stuck them in there! Creative, I must say! :)


She told her cousin, "J you can help me blow my candles out. I am three."


So that is my daughter's third birthday. What great memories!! I am sooooo glad she could spend it with family and have a good time. The funny thing is that this is one of those things that, at the time, feels like a disaster and makes you sad cause you are missing something special for your kid but the bottom line is that I have lived long enough to know that the reality is that this will make a very fun story to tell and will become one of those fond memories of a time when everything went all wrong and yet turned out just right. Thanks for making her day special Auntie K!



Well there is no new news on Em but I am headed in and we will keep you updated as we go. Thank you for your prayers! We need them!

How am I holding up? I'm not. God is holding me up. We serve a great God and He carries us through these times. I am at the end of me, once again, and what do I find there? My loving Father. I am not scared to reach the end of me anymore. I know that at the end of me is my God...and that is a great place to land!! God Bless!!

1 comment:

doug&margarethe said...

Wondered how K's birthday went and like you said it was memorable in many ways. Thanks to J&K to help. Holding you up in prayer with many thoughts of wishing I was closer to help you. Many hugs.