John Stuart Mill (Essay on Liberty)


‘The liberty of the individual must be thus far limited; he must not make himself a nuisance to other people.’

Monday, December 05, 2011

"Snow" Days

I'd like to introduce you to a So Cal snowman...


Pretty pathetic? Yes, I agree, but funny nonetheless. We went in to one of the parks around here on Saturday for what they call "Snow Days". They make snow and charge kids to sled on it. Thankfully my girls aren't old enough to care and since everything else was free, we went and had a blast!!

First, as with anything down here, we waited in line. So I snapped some photos. It was freezing! The wind was crazy and made it feel even colder!






Finally, we got in for breakfast with Santa...


...which turned into breakfast with Frosty. Em was scared to death of him!


Our friend, I, finally smiled once we were inside and warm.


K thought he was great and kept touching him cause "he's so soft."


So when you make snow down here, you pick a hill in the shade and hope for cold...which they got.


They even had a stage and performers going all day long.


This little guy is a miracle baby too. He wasn't early but he was in meconium too long and had to be intubated as soon as he was born. He was in the NICU for 5 weeks and on oxygen most of that time. Thankfully, so far, he is doing well.


K had a blast on the "bounce house slide". It was really tall and I was honestly surprised she could get up it, although I am not sure why...she is a great climber! It was funny to watch bigger kids not make it up and then tiny little K climb up like a pro...made Momma proud. :)



K wanted to hold a snowball, "like George".


Oh and don't forget the obstacle course. It was so windy, K's hair was flat and in her face the whole time, but could I get her to wear her hat? Not a chance.



Another snowball...


Attempting to build a snowman from ice is not so easy as it may seem. :)


When it was our turn with the animals, Em hid behind that crate, in the corner. In fact, she barely got out of the stroller all day long. She was petrified all day long and found much security in the comfort of her stroller. I made her get out for this and she hid. :)


After a while, she would keep one hand on the crate and step out, touch the goat and jump back to her hiding place. It was cracking me up! She definitely picks and chooses when she is going to be scared and when she will be bold and I haven't found a pattern yet.

She is also doing very well with her language. She has started to string words together and really wants to communicate. She has a select set of words that are very clear and she is great with names...the rest is unintelligible but we are relieved that she is finally moving forward since a month ago every doctor suggested occupational therapy for her delays.




Oh, this was K waiting for us to go. She got herself dressed and waited patiently for us. She's so funny. The stage she is in is sooooo funny! She has started all the question asking and random statements that just keep you laughing all day long. The other day, we went out to see the moon and she asked, "Mommy, why is the moon next to that circle?" I told her that the moon was actually a ball and the white part was just the part you could see. She sat for a moment and then said, "Oh. Why is the moon in the sky?" I thought about explaining that and then said, "God put it there."


She also blames Dad for things when he isn't around. We were looking for something and I asked her where it was and she said, "Hm, I don't know. I think my Daddy put it somewhere and I don't know where." Poor Daddy! It starts already! Anyway, it seems like it is all day long right now so we are having fun with it.

Well, for those in the real snow, laugh at our pathetic attempt to pretend we have winter here and for all, I hope you have a wonderful day!!! God Bless!!

No comments: