John Stuart Mill (Essay on Liberty)


‘The liberty of the individual must be thus far limited; he must not make himself a nuisance to other people.’

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Erickson Reunion

Well, I realize this is an excessive number of pictures, so I apologize for posting so many in the same post, but it is getting late...  The location of the Erickson Reunion is in MT, out in the hills and oh so beautiful!!









There is so much to do here that I didn't get to do it all, but this is us bouldering...this room is small so you can fall off the ceiling onto pads. I cannot tell you how much fun it is!!


Oh, and a regular climbing wall.


Every time I started climbing, K would follow behind me with her hand on my bum and saying, "I got you, I got you." I never realized how much I must say that to her!! :)



We had a couple bonfires...



Yes, there is singing...and this young man decided to direct.


And even sharing...


Then there is just a lot of hanging out and catching up...



Candy hunts...


Church service...





The girls' newest cousin (once removed)...they hung out a lot and the girls adored her!



The balloon fight was a total hit...even the little ones got interested.


Em decided she needed Auntie M's sunglasses. She thought she was pretty cool.



There is an awful lot of game playing for those interested...




Playing horseshoes...check out their faces!!


Auntie M brought K a new Thomas the Train and Caboose. She still sleeps with them! Thanks!



How K plays billiards...



Catching up with pics...


These two grew up together in Africa and they haven't seen each other in 20 years (can you believe we can say that?  We are so old!!).  M was thrilled he was there and they spent a lot of time catching up!


Awwww!!!


K was teething so she spent a lot of time telling me, "owie mouf (mouth)" and being clingy and fussy. I was sad that the family didn't get to meet the real K with all her energy and sweetness but as bad as she felt (she was also constipated and got a stomach flu for a couple days), I was just glad she hung in there, rolled with it and was relatively calm about it. She is a good traveler and I am proud of her.



Oh, and watching videos...


This is the part of our family that made it...


This makes me laugh...we tried for a family photo and so I was tickling Em and K was, well, sure that Thomas needed to ride around on the ground. :)


K tickling Em.


And when you are done, you are done...


I will get the rest of the trip later, bur for now, I am headed to bed. God Bless! We had an amazing time!!!

1 comment:

doug&margarethe said...

You did an excellent job with this post!! Loved reliving all these fun memories of a great reunion looking at all these pictures. You are a great photographer!! Tell M, I don't have to do so many pics anymore .... you can do it!!
Thanks for sharing. A CD of yours would be great!!!hint, hint.
Miss you guys. Give a hug to the girls from me. Glad K still likes her Thomas and caboose.