Pics from the first few days of our vacation at Nana's house...
It was raining for the first several days, but we just had to get out...so off we go, our so cal kids all bundled up like it's negative twenty out there.
I call this Em's hobo look...we don't have warm clothes in this size for her and since it is supposed to be summer, we will layer...however ridiculous this looks, it should only last a few more days and in the mean time, we get some laughs out of it.
My parent's dog is so patient and loving.
K showing you her tent.
This is blurry so I left it small but so cute I had to put it on here.
On Wednesday, M and I headed down the coast...alone...for two nights...without our kids (did I say that already?).
We are going to celebrate our 10th anniversary this July and since our vacations are in May and September, we chose to celebrate now. This is the view as you walk in to our B&B.
This B&B is the same one we honeymooned in almost ten years ago. I know, most of you remember our honeymoon as the hike into the wilderness, but we started by staying here for three days before heading out on our hike. My favorite feature of this lovely place is the private jacuzzi for each room.
Unlike the first time we stayed here, this time around, we got out and saw some of the sights. :) This is the famous "Mystery Spot" where gravity is 'defied'. It is really just a bunch of optical illusions and some magnetic forces...I mean, it is amazing and so mysterious!!
This is the shack at the center of the spot...
It IS pretty cool to appear as though you are standing at such gravity defying angles.
This is the best shot...
We also took a trip to the beach where we got married...
We spent time at the Boardwalk and even played enough games to win a stuffed monkey for the girls...as if they need more. :-)
We ate at fun places (even sat watching a sea otter play outside our window on the wharf), did lots of window shopping and somehow fit in a movie as well.
I am not sure if the best part was NOT having to head back to the hotel in the middle of the day to let the girls take a nap or just straight up doing whatever WE want, when WE want and getting as much sleep as WE want. What a great trip down memory lane and an opportunity to reflect on how God has blessed us, while taking an extended break to rest. It feels like forever since we have just rested. Thanks to my parents for watching the girls for us!
We still have more break left, so all we need is a little sunshine. God Bless!!
No comments:
Post a Comment